We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

♥Do curls get wavier as they get longer?♥

TweenCurlyGurlyTweenCurlyGurly Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi. I'm in the process of growing my hair.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Right now it's at my shoulders and I HAVE to wear it up
in a ponytail because when my hair is short its get more curlier and bigger. :-(:-(:-(:-(:-( I have noticed that my curls have
gotten less curlier and have gotten more wavy like. My question is,Do curls get wavier as you grow them out? Please answer thank you :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:
Type: 3b

Poriosity:Low

Density:High

Width:Coarse

Length:Medium.

Shampoo:Tresemme Flawless curls
Condtioner:Tresemme Flawless curls

I'm only 12 and I NEED hair advice.:blob7::blob7::blob7:

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It depends. I find that as hair grows, the shrinkage is generally less severe, making the curls seem bigger.

However, in your case, your loss of curl can also be attributed to hair damage. Especially since you mentioned the fact that you always wear your hair up in a ponytail, the constant stretching and pulling might be wrecking your curl pattern.

I would probably switch your styles occasionally to prevent that stretch damage.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • ShepherdessShepherdess Posts: 12Registered Users
    My hair is mid-thigh length and it still curls fairly nicely, although the curls aren't as strong and springy as my bangs. I don't think that your hair is long enough to do that yet. As Sandi said above, it very likely could be damage that is causing your hair to be like that.
    Mid thigh length (stretched) - 3a/3b curls? - High Porosity - Medium/fine texture - High Density - Scalp only with Giovanni Blackberry & Coconut Milk shampoo - CO wash length only - Avoids Sulfates/cones - dab of Giovanni conditioner + jojoba/olive oil mixed in palm and applied after wash - Uses SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie and Cantu Define and Shine Custard after leave ins - Currently only finger combing - No trims since Oct. 2014 except occasional S&D
  • bookgirlbookgirl Posts: 128Registered Users
    My hair definitely goes from 3a curls when it's short to 2c waves when it's longer (substantially longer, usually).
    2c, fine, extremely dense, color-treated, high porosity.

CG since 10/12
  • StellarCurlsStellarCurls Posts: 159Registered Users
    I've heard that type 2 hair tends to get curlier as it grows longer because it is a loose curl pattern and needs more hair to complete the curl, whereas type 3 hair gets curlier as it gets shorter because there is less weight to pull out the curl.
    APL 3A
    Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
    Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file