Post your Long curly hair piczzz! :)

Heeey so I decided Id post this and see if we get some attention :toothy7:post ur pics and inspire us shortys!!!! :happy10::blob7:

Comments

• anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users
    What the heck, I'm still awake and I have my Fotki site open. Here's one. My curls aren't perfect, but they're all mine.

IMG_1315-vi.jpg
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    wooow! amazing kitschy! im going to be following this thread, love looking at long curls!

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • whisper_hotshotwhisper_hotshot Posts: 52Registered Users
    I <3 ur curls gurls!!! keep em coming :)
  • curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    Some Serious curl envy goin on here <3

Hair type: 3a/b Fine, dense with medium porosity ..loves protein
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
  • tambalinatambalina Posts: 64Registered Users
    BSL!!
    LHC1.jpg

IMG_0350_zps389b2d97.jpg
    I am aiming for hip length or longer. LOTS of growing to do!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG Journey Start Date: 08.21.12 Now modified CG
    F/M texture, Med Density, Low/Normal Porosity, Hennindigo
    Current Routine (Still working out the kinks):
    Sulfate wash: CHSTS
    Low-Poo: OMAO
    CO-Wash: IEC, VO5VMT, TNRV
    Rinse Out: YTCarrots, DLOO, Renpure Red, GVPCB
    LI: YTCarrots, CCC
    PT: NPF
    Styler: AG:RC, KCCC, LALNC, FSG
    Gel: BRHG+Biotera
  • InaEvaInaEva Posts: 61Registered Users
    Mulatto, Long 3B Hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Love all the gorgeous curls!! Here's mine:

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348362892.643831.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348362903.358924.jpg

Sorry the pics are not great quality - I've been hovering around BSL and my goal is waist length :)
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348364846.223657.jpg

Before I cut it...it took me forever and tangled like crazy...but I miss it

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users
    I thought I'd bump this thread to get more pictures of long curly hair by posting this picture of my progress with growing my hair since joining NC.com

2yr-vi.jpg
  • curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    Kitschy wrote: »
    I thought I'd bump this thread to get more pictures of long curly hair by posting this picture of my progress with growing my hair since joining NC.com

2yr-vi.jpg

Amazing!!!

Sent from my iPad using CurlTalk
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
    There is a pic in the new cg book...that I just love! ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348422461.313544.jpg

I just love it....can't stop staring! I wonder how long that took her

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    sorry its sideways :/ morning after an outside concert in drizzly windy craziness

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    Omg she is my new hair crush! We have the same curls pretty much. But hers are waaay longer and my hair is alot bigger and thicker. Gah i want her length..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
    @depressedcurly Yes! I know! Aren't those curls wonderful. My type is kinda like that too...but hers are perfect...long and shiny and bouncy...it's just awesome! I am missing my length lately...especially after seeing her. I'm currently growing it back

@depressedcurly Yes! I know! Aren't those curls wonderful. My type is kinda like that too...but hers are perfect...long and shiny and bouncy...it's just awesome! I am missing my length lately...especially after seeing her. I'm currently growing it back

Yes they are, just perfect perfect perfect! I know, so am i :( it seems to be taking forever. Do yours get looser as you grow it out? Mine get tighter as my hair gets longer, so it almost looks like it's never growing. It's frustrating. :/

For a while it gets curlier with length...or rather the length gets curlier..the weight pulls the curl out of the top part and tye front. The hair in front is fine and can't take the weight. So I will always have to do layers with shorter face framing pieces...otherwise that part can look plastered to my head

Ah i see. Your hair is beautiful though, i want your length!!

Lol...thanks. It's a bit shorter now. I am growing it back. I plan to have lots of layers tho this time cause before it was this over powering mass of hair. I'm thinkin the front pieces may be around ear length..

Do it! That's how mine is, i love layers for curly hair. <3 (:

• kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    Here's a few pics of my hair.... I just dyed it dark about a week ago.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
    3B/Medium density/Medium thickness/Medium porosity
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    depressedcurls i love your cut!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    Thank you so much! That means a lot since I cut my own hair!

• sus811sus811 Posts: 98Registered Users
    Before ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348500562.999967.jpg

after ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348500324.048350.jpg.

I chopped it off a year ago this July. It was almost to the middle of my back before that (I had grown it out for a boyfriend and then we broke up so I cut the relationship hair off lol) Here is a before and after so it's long to me (even though not as long as some of yours lol). I am currently growing it back for me :-)
  • kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    sus811 wrote: »
    You've got beautiful curls!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • sus811sus811 Posts: 98Registered Users
    kurlygurly wrote: »
    sus811 wrote: »
    You've got beautiful curls!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• whisper_hotshotwhisper_hotshot Posts: 52Registered Users
    pretty pretty pretty!!!!!
    hair sept 2012.jpg
    this is wet btw :p:color:
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1348318228.085092.jpg this is one month into the CG method

Crownedwisdom, are you clipping to get that height on top? What's your secret?
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
  • CurlyIndianGirlCurlyIndianGirl Posts: 161Registered Users
    Wow, great curls you all.

Here goes mine.
    3a with some 2a-2c, Medium/Low Porosity
    Co-wash:deva no-poo/Vo5 kiwi
    Detangle:Suave
    Leave-in:Shea Moisture/GVP conditioning Balm/AOHSR

Since long hair- I finger twist in big chunks, which helps till 5th day hair:farao:
    Gel:LA sports
    Plop: Old T-shirt for 15 minutes ,diffuse
  • Fii_RoseFii_Rose Posts: 79Registered Users
    My most recent shot of curls, probably another 2 inches or so longer now.

da_profile_2012_by_kerrigorrose-d4xi9l4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... my big usual smile for multicultcurly :P

:toothy4: 3 b/c bsl length ridiculously thick brown curls with blonde highlights

I'm really like my curls but rarely wear my hair fully down as it isn't really styled and tends to go bushy

... really seeking an edgy indie style cut that suits my hair type, but wont make the move till I'm sure its right for me as I have been growing my hair to this point for so long :toothy4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file