CurlTalk

bare Minerals READY compact mineral foundation

coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
Anyone tried this? I've been waiting for a compact mineral foundation from them and I would like to know if anyone has tried it before I plunge.

READY SPF 20 Foundation | bareMinerals

Also, any other compact mineral foundation that you know of, I've been out of the loop on other brands since I've been faithful to BE
th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1

Comments

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    Did you try it yet? I'm curious about the color match compared to the loose powders.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users
    Pur Minerals makes one with SPF 15 but it doesn't come in nearly as many shades as the Bare Minerals one. I don't have any experience with it so I can't tell you much about it. If you have an Ulta near you, I know they carry both brands so you can compare them in stores.

From what I've read, the Bare Minerals compact runs a little lighters and the colors don't look the same in the pan vs. on skin so you might want to do test in a store before purchasing. Hope this helps!
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I did. The color match is HORRIBLE. They really failed with this one.
    I know they keep changing the names of the loose powders. But I've always been able to find my shade. The compact powders run lighter. I tried the darkest one just to see how it felt and the coverage it had (it has neutral undertones and I have red so I knew it was not going to be an exact match) and it was still too light on me. My usual shade is warm deep (which they are now calling medium deep). The current warm deep is for yellow undertones. WHY DO THEY KEEP CHANGING THE NAMES??????

I don't like the scent they have in the compact foundations. I make my own moisturizer and I purposely do not put fo or eo in it because I like fragrance free face stuff. The smell of the powder lingered all day after the lady put it on me (and insisted it was a color match--it was not) and it was quite irritating to me. So I took it back (hadn't used it).

If you have fragrance sensitivities, don't bother with the compact.

I started using NARS tinted moisturizer (Polynesia) and I love that so much. I don't need much coverage at all and this works for me. For powder, I'll stick with Valana Minerals or my Matte BE. And I can layer it over my NARS and voila, full coverage for me.

I also like MUFE Velvet + Mat (I'm #80 I think) for when I want a flawless/airbrushed look.
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users
    coilynapp wrote: »
    I did. The color match is HORRIBLE. They really failed with this one.
    I know they keep changing the names of the loose powders. But I've always been able to find my shade. The compact powders run lighter. I tried the darkest one just to see how it felt and the coverage it had (it has neutral undertones and I have red so I knew it was not going to be an exact match) and it was still too light on me. My usual shade is warm deep (which they are now calling medium deep). The current warm deep is for yellow undertones. WHY DO THEY KEEP CHANGING THE NAMES??????

I don't like the scent they have in the compact foundations. I make my own moisturizer and I purposely do not put fo or eo in it because I like fragrance free face stuff. The smell of the powder lingered all day after the lady put it on me (and insisted it was a color match--it was not) and it was quite irritating to me. So I took it back (hadn't used it).

If you have fragrance sensitivities, don't bother with the compact.

I started using NARS tinted moisturizer (Polynesia) and I love that so much. I don't need much coverage at all and this works for me. For powder, I'll stick with Valana Minerals or my Matte BE. And I can layer it over my NARS and voila, full coverage for me.

I also like MUFE Velvet + Mat (I'm #80 I think) for when I want a flawless/airbrushed look.

Booo! I had high hopes for this product!
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
    ^^Yea, me too! Maybe they'll improve in the next editions. There's definitely an ingredient in there that's making them run lighter--it's probably the TD and Zinc oxide since the compact has higher SPF. Perhaps they'll reformulate.

Also, the compacts do have bismuth oxychloride. If you are sensitive to this, STAY AWAY. I was not sensitive to this ingredient in their original powder, but I recently tried the concealer and it was in it and my face was on FIRE and you could see my pores from a mile away (srsly!)

I also don't think they add fragrance, but the Rosa Canina Fruit Oil in it is probably what's giving it a strong fragrance to me.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    Dang it! I had high hopes for this as well. My usually BE color is golden deep and in the summer when I'm tan I add a little warm deep to it.

I've been trying new foundations and I really like Lancôme's 24 hour foundation but it is expensive! I caved and brought a bottle during the friends and family sale at Sephora. My daily foundation is Revlon colorstay which is the BOMB but I'm smack in the middle of two shades as my summer tan fades so I'm having to mix two colors but the finish is so great I don't mind.

I wonder if there is a tutorial out there on how to press your BE powder.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Dang it! I had high hopes for this as well. My usually BE color is golden deep and in the summer when I'm tan I add a little warm deep to it.

I've been trying new foundations and I really like Lancôme's 24 hour foundation but it is expensive! I caved and brought a bottle during the friends and family sale at Sephora. My daily foundation is Revlon colorstay which is the BOMB but I'm smack in the middle of two shades as my summer tan fades so I'm having to mix two colors but the finish is so great I don't mind.

I wonder if there is a tutorial out there on how to press your BE powder.
    Check coastal scents for how to press eye shadows and blushes. They may have one specifically that's for foundations, but I'm not sure. It's pretty easy. All you need is your powder, a binder, a pan and a press (can be a lid the size of your pan). Here's one from DIYCosmetics.

/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9UqzGxv25e4" class="Popup