My tip on how to refresh 4a etc hair

rmc2rmc2 Registered Users Posts: 349
Sharing with you the neatest tip on how to refresh day old hair which i got from an old YouTube from mahogabycurls.com. My hair is growing but now bigger than a TWA. First of all sleep with a satin bonnet or on a satin pillow. Fill a spray bottle with cold water and spray hair all over until you feel it is saturated. Wait about 1 minute to let hair saturate. Do NOT touch hair!!!!!!!!! Your curls will gradually pop and swell. Shake hair to loosen the curls. You may cautiously (my addition) use an afro comb or pointy part of a regular comb (can't figure out term) to lift some of the hair from the root but without disturbing the curls (meaning do not let comb go though the curls). I was able to do this 3 days in a row. Depending on the product you used, you may not even need to spray any other product (or oil water mist). My styler was V05 moisture milk Conditioner which is CG friendly and dirt cheap but this is just extra iinformation.

Comments

• rmc2rmc2 Registered Users Posts: 349
    I meant mahoganycurls.com.
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    rmc2 wrote: »
    Sharing with you the neatest tip on how to refresh day old hair which i got from an old YouTube from mahogabycurls.com. My hair is growing but now bigger than a TWA. First of all sleep with a satin bonnet or on a satin pillow. Fill a spray bottle with cold water and spray hair all over until you feel it is saturated. Wait about 1 minute to let hair saturate. Do NOT touch hair!!!!!!!!! Your curls will gradually pop and swell. Shake hair to loosen the curls. You may cautiously (my addition) use an afro comb or pointy part of a regular comb (can't figure out term) to lift some of the hair from the root but without disturbing the curls (meaning do not let comb go though the curls). I was able to do this 3 days in a row. Depending on the product you used, you may not even need to spray any other product (or oil water mist). My styler was V05 moisture milk Conditioner which is CG friendly and dirt cheap but this is just extra iinformation.

I spray my hair with water at night but more a light spritz than a saturation. Im lp and if i did that my hair would still be very wet in the morning. Good tip.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Registered Users Posts: 2,748 Curl Novice
    When my hair was shorter and even now when I do wng's I lightly rub my moisturizer over my matted, flat second day hair, then I spray with ice cold water and shake the hair loose. Works every time.

...i'm supersonic
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I could use all the tips anyone has! This is an important thread, not just for 4's I think.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I could use all the tips anyone has! This is an important thread, not just for 4's I think.

There is a thread called Leave A Tip where curlies give tidbits of advice. You should find it in a search.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Adthomas. That sounds promising!!! - I'm going to do a search. :flower:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file