CurlTalk

What is your hair routine?

stephalynstephalyn Posts: 20Registered Users
Hello everyone,

Like most people I am trying to grow out my hair however I am not sure what to use in the shower or after lol. I have really fine curly hair I think it's considered 3a. I was using living proof shampoo and conditioner and doing protein treatments every two weeks(Joico's deep protein treatment) but i haven't noticed much difference in my hair. I am aware that because I have curly hair I should use moisturizing shampoo and conditioners. But every moisturizing shamp and cond I come across has protein in it (I'm a bit protein obsessed because I worry about too much protein, not enough moisture etc). Any help on what to use would be great. Oh and what you use after shampooing and conditioning would help too :)

Comments

• stephalynstephalyn Posts: 20Registered Users
    Nothing yet? Okay. I'll add more I guess lol

I have Joico Reconstruct Shampoo and Conditioner. I just used it tonight (or this morning whenever this post) and was freaking out because when I was combing my hair with a width tooth comb so much hair came out, more than a handful.

My scalp is sensitive and gets dirty fast so I always need to wash it (not everyday) but i can't just go about washing my hair with conditioner. My mom is big on the wen products, she has gallons of that stuff. But i can't use it if i do I use it as a conditioner. My scalp doesn't feel clean when I use it by itself and I'm more prone to build up.

I like the living proof line but i don't feel like it does enough if that makes sense. I think the main reason I like it is because of the smell.

My hair length is shoulder length, I would like to get it to bra strap length. Hair texture is fine as previously stated, medium density hair with low porosity.

I do take vitamins. I take Super b-complex, biotin 5000 mcg and MSM.
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    Okay.

I wash my hair every Sunday with either Shea Moisture Moisture retention shampoo or Giovanni's 50:50 shampoo, followed by detangling with a wide tooth comb and tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth conditioner. I then rinse my hair, towel dry it a bit, and deep condition it with either Jessicurl's weekly deep treatment or As I Am hydration elation.

Oh, and I have medium-coarse, high porosity, super dense hair that's a couple inches away from BSL (straightened). I'm a 4, but I've seen multiple 3's give the products I use glowing reviews as well.

Oh, and I take a multivitamin, fish oil, and biotin (when I remember anyways). And I wear my hair up monday-thursday. It's improved my ends drastically.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    I shampoo once a week with shea moisture moisture retention shampoo.

co-wash 2-3 times a week with tresemme naturals moisturizing conditioner.

Use shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as a leave in

add shea moisture curling souffle over that then sometimes I just end it there, but if I want my curls to be a little more defined then I add eco styler gel after the curling souffle then shake my head upside down then add a cute accessorie.

on days when I don't co-wash I just spray my hair with water then shake.
  • stephalynstephalyn Posts: 20Registered Users
    Is the Giovanni 50/50 good? I saw it under shampoos for 3a hair and does it irritate the scalp? I feel like the more "natural" products for me bother my scalp.