MAC Lustreglass

curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I saw this bride on the MAC website, and I loved her lip color. I think it is the lustreglass in Venetian.

So I'll be over in the MAC store tomorrow. I'm so excited!

:oops:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nice colour!

the Barbie collection coming out in 10 days will also have some lovely pink shades for lips.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think so, too. :D

I also got a pencil to go with it....vino.

It is sad how excited I was to get this stuff. :lol:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

no it isn't!

you should've seen me posting about the Raquel Welch collection on my MAC groups!

:lol:
    My blog:

Today I got "star nova". Next time it will be "trance plant". :)

i went to look at the Barbie stuff on Friday night and was NOT impressed in the least!!!

:?
    My blog:

• sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    I'm in love with MAC lipglosses. I may have to stop by MAC tomorrow and pick that up . . . :)
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    i went to look at the Barbie stuff on Friday night and was NOT impressed in the least!!!

I wasn't either to tell you the truth. It looked like stuff I could get from maybelline. The only thing slightly tempting was the beauty powder shades.

I heard they were coming out with more shades of pigment next month though. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    rouquinne wrote:

Likewise....it looked so overdone.

I will get Trance Plant next. Maybe another lipstick sometime soon (i.e., next weekend!).

i have 19 MAC empties and i just can't decide about lippies.

what i really need to do is find someone who can take me to the nearest Pro shop (90 minutes away in Mississauga at Square One - i don't drive) so i can eye shadows instead. i'm running low on Naked Lunch and Shroom.
    My blog:

• newlynaturalnewlynatural Posts: 84Registered Users
    I absolutely love lustreglass. I have love nectar and star nova. The texture is great and I think the brush is much better than the doe-foot.

I checked out the Barbie collection this weekend. I bought happenin gal lip glass and fab blush. I wanted to love the entire collection but these were the only two that worked with my skin. Actually they worked so well I may get a backup.
    "Honey, you're so uptight, you need to do a number 7" Samantha to Charlotte on SATC
    it's getting to the point that all i wear is my lusterglass in venetian or star nova and my fetish lipstick.

these colors look great on me.

i like to apply venetian over vino liner. when the venetian is gone, i still have a really nice and natual looking blush to my lips.

who would have thought i would love MAC so much.

what is lipglass like? i was thinking of trying one out.

a lot of people make the claim that MAC lipglass is the stickiest lip gloss in the world.

Oh Baby is practically a universal colour here at NC - it looks pretty good on me (NC 15) and just as good on many of our darker-complected curlies!

:D

(i find almost all lip glosses equally sticky - on a windy day, your hair will stick - period!)
    My blog:

• cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    What is the difference between Lustreglass and Lipglass? Also, which one has more pigmentation? TIA
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    the LustreGlass is supposed to be shinier than LipGlass. it has a pearlized finish and less pigment than LipGlass too, though some shades of LipGlass are less pigmented than others. Oh Baby, for example, has less pigment than Enchantress.
    My blog:

• Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    the LustreGlass is supposed to be shinier than LipGlass. it has a pearlized finish and less pigment than LipGlass too, though some shades of LipGlass are less pigmented than others. Oh Baby, for example, has less pigment than Enchantress.

I think I'm going to go to MAC tomorrow and look at some of their lipglosses. I had a few lip glosses I liked, but they're all about empty right now, and for some reason I'm just dying to try the lustreglass.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Who Me? wrote:
    I think I'm going to go to MAC tomorrow and look at some of their lipglosses. I had a few lip glosses I liked, but they're all about empty right now, and for some reason I'm just dying to try the lustreglass.

I LOVE lipglass, but now I am too dying to try Lustreglass, especially if it's less sticky.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    I love both the lustre and the lipglass, but I also like the chromeglass. I do wish the lipglass was less sticky because for me that's the major drawback. Once I take a sip from a cup or anything, I have to reapply, and not to mention my hair is constantly getting stuck in it and then it streaks lipglass across my face. :roll: :lol:
    oh, i got talked into buying a Chromeglass last year and i HATE it!!!

i NEVER wear it outside the house and only use it at home as a moisturizer!

the one i have is highly pigmented and i really prefer a more sheer finish.
    My blog:

Which shade?? I think mine is pinkocrazy or something like that. It's *very* pinky so I do have to tone it down with something else.

Ok, I'm a dork. It was the lacquer I was meaning, not the chromeglass (although I have that too and didn't care for it either). I have ackrylicka in the lacquer and like that a lot. Tonight I got a lustreglass in Venetian, love it. :D
  • newlynaturalnewlynatural Posts: 84Registered Users
    cjc wrote:
    What is the difference between Lustreglass and Lipglass? Also, which one has more pigmentation? TIA

I find the lustreglass to be less sticky. It also has a better applicator. The lipglasses tend to be more pigmented.
    "Honey, you're so uptight, you need to do a number 7" Samantha to Charlotte on SATC
    I got paid yesterday, so I'm going to the MAC store or counter to get a lipglass or another lustreglass and possibly a brilliant red lipstick.

Which red looks good with brown skin? I will try out the Russian Red and the MACred while I'm out.

Also, I have given MAC it's own spot on my photo album. :oops:

I have that covered lip brush and believe me when I say I almost cried when I thought I lost it. :lol:

Speaking of red shades, I got a lustreglass in Venetian last night and LOVE it!! I don't know why I never tried that shade before! I almost bought the lipglass in Russian Red, but I'm loving Venetian! :D

Which reminds me Rou, it was the lacquers I meant to refer to earlier, not the chromeglass, as I'm not a fan of the chromeglass either. I've got a lacquer in Ackrylicka and like that one.
    arca, are you looking for a lipstick or lipglass in red?

Ruby Woo is another great red lippie and two of the Viva Glams are red.

i used to have a couple of lacquers myself, lush, Sheena and.... darn, name escapes me now!

all still pretty sticky stuff!

My blog:

lushaholic wrote:
    Speaking of red shades, I got a lustreglass in Venetian last night and LOVE it!! I don't know why I never tried that shade before! I almost bought the lipglass in Russian Red, but I'm loving Venetian! :D

Which reminds me Rou, it was the lacquers I meant to refer to earlier, not the chromeglass, as I'm not a fan of the chromeglass either. I've got a lacquer in Ackrylicka and like that one.

When I first saw Venetian in the store I thought it would look awful on me. When I actually tried it on, I was very surprised. I love it, too. :)

Glad you are enjoying it as much as I am.

rouquinne wrote:
    arca, are you looking for a lipstick or lipglass in red?

Ruby Woo is another great red lippie and two of the Viva Glams are red.

i used to have a couple of lacquers myself, lush, Sheena and.... darn, name escapes me now!

all still pretty sticky stuff!

Lipstick.

I didn't try any today; maybe next weekend.

I did get the Oh Baby lipglass, but I've not tried it yet. I opened it and saw the spongey applicator and instantly wanted a lustreglass. Silly, I know, but I guess I was expecting a brush.

• Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I bought the lustreglass in Wonderstruck this weekend and I'm in love. Not too sticky, nice and sheer, goes on easy. Pretty much the perfect lipgloss!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    I'm sad. I did not like Oh Baby Lipglass.

I'm gonna take it back and try either another lip glass or get a lustreglass.

I got Trance Plant and love it! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file