CurlTalk

shea moisture. . .

kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
Just picked up the shampoo, milk, and smoothie (also the thickening shampoo for my SO) at the BOGO sale going on at CVS. I'm super excited to use them.

I promise to not buy any more shampoos until 2013. (currently have 3 to try) I think i'm becoming a product Junkie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
started CG on 6/25/12. :duckie:
  • 2c with a strait underneath
  • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
  • Fine side of Normal
  • Thick hair
  • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.

Comments

• LeairdLeaird Posts: 8Registered Users
    For anyone else wanting to get in on the BOGO at CVS:

To get free shipping at CVS, enter the code SHIPORDER. saves an additional $5.49!

I am in LOVE with this line of products. :love1:
  • kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
    I was going to order online yesterday, but they sold out of the smoothie. So I just ran to the local store. I just thought since a lot of wavies really liked it, that I'd make sure to post it up on the 2's board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
  • txwvy32txwvy32 Posts: 161Registered Users
    I'm tempted since I see a lot of great reviews on the smoothie and some of the other products, but two weeks ago I purchased the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment and it dried my hair out really bad. Now i'm scared to try the other products. How did it work for you?
    2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine* :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
    RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
    LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
    Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    Right now cvs has BOGO so i wanted to try the smoothie and dandruff/scalp spray? Did anyone try either with great results? And i currently use just a Vo5 conditioner as my leave in, some people say a better product such as the smoothie will help the health of your hair VS using just some cheap one. Is this true?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
    well i used the milk and smoothie yesterday cause i was running late and couldn't wash my hair. I can say, best second day hair I've ever had. Just used the shampoo & put in some milk & smoothie & some gel. When it dries i'll let you know.

but i can say that i really enjoyed the shampoo. :) didn't feel stripping at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
  • jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users
    kstan wrote: »
    well i used the milk and smoothie yesterday cause i was running late and couldn't wash my hair. I can say, best second day hair I've ever had. Just used the shampoo & put in some milk & smoothie & some gel. When it dries i'll let you know.

but i can say that i really enjoyed the shampoo. :) didn't feel stripping at all.

The SM Curl & Shine shampoo is the only low-poo I own (I mostly co-wash or use a cleansing conditioner, but every once in a while I like to low-poo). I agree, SM is the best for being gentle and non-stripping. I tried a few others, and they felt horrible going in my hair and left it a dry, tangled mess.

I have the milk too (love), and have been eyeing the smoothie and souffle; I'm just wondering if any fine-haired wavy-curly girls find them too heavy?
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I used the SM Smoothie a few times. I didn't have any issues with it being too heavy. I no longer have it only because I reached a point where I was overwhelmed with hair products (105 different products at my worst) and needed to clear stash fast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    I think I'm protein sensitive, i just bought the smoothie. I seen it has silk protein...is that a heavy protein? I also got the shampoo which has the same silk protein.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App