CurlTalk

Should my hair feel this way?

I have a question:sad1:. After i wash my hair i put all my leave in in, then prepare to start applying gel. While I am applying gel my hair feels rough (and also knots pretty easy), when I try to run my fingers through my soaking hair with gel it just feel rough and knotty. Is this normal. After I wake up the next morning from sleeping with my wet hair its super soft to the touch, I don't get it. I do weekly deep conditioners and protein treatments. Are any of my symptoms a sign of something needed, or not enough of? Please help. I don't remember it being this tough and knotty to apply gel but I haven't changed much.

I also just got a trim so that shouldn't be it, also the knots at my roots!

Update: I just realized something! One thing that I have changed is that now I use SheaMoisture Organic Coconut and Hisbicus Hold and Shine Moisture Mist after my leave in's and before gel. And saw it has protein! maybe im protein sensitive.
3a&3b
Shampoo-Shea Moisturehea Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
L/I-Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner/Detangler & Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner
Sealer - SM Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
Style - La Bella Styling Gel Lvl 10 (blue tub)

PT- GVP Hair Reconstructor:

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That sounds like the way my hair feels when I put aloe in it. Are you using anything with aloe?
    3b in South Australia.
  • stefii433stefii433 Posts: 13Registered Users
    I dont think I am, to my knowledge Ive never used Aloe but I guess Id have to check all my products. Would it just say "aloe vera" in the ingredient list or is there other words that mean that?
    3a&3b
    Shampoo-Shea Moisturehea Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
    L/I-Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner/Detangler & Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner
    Sealer - SM Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
    Style - La Bella Styling Gel Lvl 10 (blue tub)

PT- GVP Hair Reconstructor:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Aloe barbedenis (or something like that!) appears quite regularly in products but I don't think there's any other name for it so you'd see it if it was there.
    3b in South Australia.