We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Kimmaytube's new hair products

CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luvnaturals.com%2Fcollections%2Fhair-care-products" class="Popup

It appears she has finally came out with her own product line. The packaging is cute, the ingredients look good and the price points are nice.

Who's interested?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
11.gif
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Comments

• Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    Cute but I'm not biting. The 2 I looked at...detangler and leave-in both have coconut. No go for me, I wish her a lot of success though.

...i'm supersonic
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    Hair Care Products – LUV Naturals

It appears she has finally came out with her own product line. The packaging is cute, the ingredients look good and the price points are nice.

Who's interested?

I would buy it if her personality didn't irk me.
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• MissKrisMissKris Posts: 288Registered Users
    Now that I'm a tad more knowledgeable about homemade than I was a few months ago, I will not buy. I mix now...

Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users

Who's interested?

Lmao!

11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    I'll bite. The names are cute.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using CurlTalk App
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    Oh they do look cute. But I can't afford online stuff like that so I'll stick with my ground products...for now.

And LOL her personality does seem a bit...I can't think of the word. But I can't knock her hustle.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users

Who's interested?

She's turned me off...too many times. The packaging is very nice, and I'm sure the products are more than adequate. But naw, I don't feel a need to give my money to her.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry. Wrong thread. Thought this was Say It.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    *Marah* wrote: »
    All you do is piss me off when you do that sort of thing. Why did you say you want to talk and then act like a drama queen the entire time. Okay..so I didn't say EXACTLY what's expected. You already know that's not me. Now you don't want to talk..when I've made every effort. *Sigh*

What's wrong! Just say. Ugh. Just say. Goodness and YES your hair looks nice. You just went natural..calm the BLANK down!

...I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain? I'm nosy. :-P
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
    Ninjarette wrote: »

Who's interested?

She's turned me off...too many times. The packaging is very nice, and I'm sure the products are more than adequate. But naw, I don't feel a need to give my money to her.

All of what you said. I can't get on anyone for expanding their business and getting on their "hustle" but I can choose not to purchase from folks who rub me the wrong way. Good on her and her accomplishments but I won't be buying.

Save $10

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• lady1gryphonlady1gryphon Posts: 85Registered Users
    No sorry I wont be purchasing all of her products have that dread awful word "GYLCERIN" in them. These are a no go for me.

I think the names and the packaging is cute.
    *Marah* wrote: »
    All you do is piss me off when you do that sort of thing. Why did you say you want to talk and then act like a drama queen the entire time. Okay..so I didn't say EXACTLY what's expected. You already know that's not me. Now you don't want to talk..when I've made every effort. *Sigh*

What's wrong! Just say. Ugh. Just say. Goodness and YES your hair looks nice. You just went natural..calm the BLANK down!

...I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain? I'm nosy. :-P

Oh dear goodness. I had two windows open and posted in the wrong thread. This was supposed to just be a rant about a friend in the Say It Thread.. sorry. I will remove it from here...doesn't have anything to do with anyone from NC.
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    The detangler and the leave-in look inviting to me based on the ingredients, their order, and the pH. So, I'll give them a try.

I like the fact the pH of both is 4.0-4.5. This is good for highly porous hair.

I know she's discussed her product development for a while, so it's good to finally see the results come to the market.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • damsel_flydamsel_fly Posts: 457Registered Users
    The product names are cute. If they were sold locally, I might try them.

Not liking Kimmaytube's personality wouldn't stop me from buying her products.

For the record, she doesn't bug me. :tongue10:

(OT, I do envy anyone who has avoided being trapped in the cubicle jungle. )
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Well to those who are gonna try them make sure to report back! :)
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    How cute

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using CurlTalk App
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I like how professional the packaging is. I won't likely buy because I am a conditioner and oil only chick most of year and her leave in has coconut oil. My hair is weird about coconut oil. Likes it sometimes and not others.
    Plus sorry Kimmay but you gave out that leavein recipe and my hair loves it so I will keep mixing my own with AVJ and sans coconut oil.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    I love Kim and I'm glad she got her products out but I'm a strict on the ground girl now so I won't be buying. I only buy online during black Friday and for my butters. Much success to her though.

My phone typing is in texting language so deal with it.
    ~on my phone
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users
    I just can't. She irks me too.
  • puppitypuppuppitypup Posts: 115Registered Users
    I'm (unfortunately) a huge "judge a product by its packaging" type of gal and the packaging is just too cute... I will most likely purchase a product or two sometime next week. I also like most of the ingredients, too so.... haha :)

When I order and receive them, I'll have a review up on my blog.. In case anyone is wondering- woo! 8D
    3C, fine/med texture, normal porosity, high elasticity, very defined spiral

Holy Grail Products: TRESemme Naturals conditioner, my mango/shea butter mixture, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, EVOO & Cantu Shea Butter

Check out my blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fricciolina.wordpress.com" class="Popup
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Her product names and packaging are so darn cute! Congrats to her!
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
    I think the bottles are very cute. And the ingredients look acceptable. I wish her all the best.. she is annoying but a sista is DOING the darn thing. I gotta give her that much. I doubt if I buy the products though.
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    I dnt like her or her attitude sooo she wnt be getting my money
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Posts: 332Registered Users
    o_O...... As long as she provides good customer service, ships within her policy's time frame and provides a product that's accurate in it's description.....I don't have to be e-pals with an owner in order for me to purchase from their product line. Based off of correspondence there are many product line owners who's personality I don't particually like, but they provide a quality product and good cs so I don't care. I just don't understand that type thinking but everyone's diff I suppose.. If she's a professional business woman it would stay strictly business and no one would have to deal with her personality. ...so I would give it a try if I had to choose from the more expensive online products.

One thing I'm slightly annoyed by is the influx of youtubers (who did product reviews for other product lines, made recipes using other product lines, etc) popping up with their own line. Like honestly.....it seems like everyone and their mama who can get access to a stick blender BTMS and coconut oil has a "product line".
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    People tickle me...so many have little to no moral standards when it comes to who they buy from or "stick" up for.

...i'm supersonic
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    o_O...... As long as she provides good customer service, ships within her policy's time frame and provides a product that's accurate in it's description.....I don't have to be e-pals with an owner in order for me to purchase from their product line. Based off of correspondence there are many product line owners who's personality I don't particually like, but they provide a quality product and good cs so I don't care. I just don't understand that type thinking but everyone's diff I suppose.. If she's a professional business woman it would stay strictly business and no one would have to deal with her personality. ...so I would give it a try if I had to choose from the more expensive online products.

One thing I'm slightly annoyed by is the influx of youtubers (who did product reviews for other product lines, made recipes using other product lines, etc) popping up with their own line. Like honestly.....it seems like everyone and their mama who can get access to a stick blender BTMS and coconut oil has a "product line".

A lot of consumers think like you. I don't understand that.

In business, it's VERY easy to turn off customers, with your demeanor. I don't buy from folks I don't "like", in the sense of finding them pleasant and professional with their online/real space presentation. There are a LOT of folks like me. Lots. Please believe me. Sales people understand what I'm talking about. They may not come out and say, "I would never buy from her, because of her attitude and the way she talks/has talked to her subscribers". They'll just not purchase from her. Those are the kind of potential customers you can't account for - you'll never know what you could have done, had you been more concerned about your online presence.

There's simply too many choices - and most of these chicks breakin' out with product lines aren't doing ANYTHING revolutionary - including the woman we're discussing.

I don't have to buy from anybody I "don't like", cuz there's too many good products out there, made by people who understand the importance of presentation - self, and product. I "like" them in the sense that they stay out of/don't create online drama, handle customer disputes professionally (with a "smile"), and get my goods to me, in a timely manner.

That being sad, I wish Kim Love much success - seriously. If I were new in the product purchase game, I'd give her some dough. Her packaging is very nice, and I'm sure folks won't have to worry about "bleeding labels", products growing mold after 30 days, and some of the other nonsense that most of us product junkies have experienced, after deciding to give an indie company some play. She's tight,in that respect, and I'm sure she'll do well.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    ^^^

All of that. Darcy's Botanicals is a big hit or miss for me, but because Lysandra has a beautiful personality, wonderful customer service, and great business ethic, I always try to buy at least 2 products a year just to show my support. For me it's not just about the products but the person behind it. Kim's products can grow my hair an extra inch a month, make it as soft as clouds, and smell like rainbows and gumdrops and I STILL wouldn't buy from her. It's a matter of principle.

Save $10

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    I'm a pj who still hasn't found a good leave in, so unless the reviews are bad, she'll eventually get my money. A vendor has to say something really offensive (imo) or is a Nazi or talks bad about my mama, for me to write their product off. Personality means zip to me, if you have the goods that's all my hair cares about. But that's just me.
  • HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    What exactly did she do? Did she skin a cat?

I watch her videos and the pH ones are interesting. The videos look well made, professional and clean.

Most people would get annoyed of you continuing to go on their channel if you don't believe their views.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file