We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

SAHM and daily routines

I am a stay at home mom of a 14mo so most days I don't go out. Everything I read says gel of some sort daily to prevent frizzing and what not....since most days it doesn't matter that much about how my hair looks--I am really starting to like the wavies and curls but I hate having gel in it every day. Can the gel be skipped and still encourage curls--just put leave in on or does the gel help keep the moisture in? Do other SAHM have a daily at home routine then a routine for when you are planning on people seeing you--if so what is your at home routine?

Comments

• Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    I am a SAHM or work from home on some days - part-time on others. I still use gel, I just use less, and use the cheap stuff. ;)

On days I have to be presentable, my routine is somewhat different, but not much. It's basically the same just with a few added steps.
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file