Tomato Gravy

spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
Have any of y'all ever had this? If so, do you have a recipe?

I can't remember if I've had it or not, but for some reason it's sticking in my head lately that I want to make some since I have more fresh tomatoes than I know what to do with. If I make it we'll have it over rice as a side to smoked pork chops, not with biscuits.

And I apologize for not putting this in the food section, but it gets such little traffic I didn't think I'd get an answer....and might not here either! :lol:

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    We always called spaghetti sauce, tomato gravy.

Tomato butter is yummy though!!!!

This looks closest to my Grandmothers recipe. Really good on mac & cheese, but tons of uses!!

August Can Jam: Tomato Butter - Food in Jars | Food in Jars
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I have heard of and have made Sunday gravy. So yah, I am no help.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    The only tomato gravy I know us FOR biscuits and would be weird over rice.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    Thank y'all for the suggestions and input! I figured it out and it was pretty good over rice and a great way to use up some tomatoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file