Red nose and skin

SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
One of the things that has always bothered me about my face has been the redness on my cheeks and nose. It gets worse after exercising (in any weather) or walking in the cold, which stinks because it gets bright red.

I don't really know what it is - I briefly considered Rubra Faceii (the facial form of Keratosis Pilaris, which is what I have on my arms and legs), and thought about Rosacea, but I don't think it's that either. Then again, I don't know much about these things.

Anyway, what can I do about this redness? I haven't been to the doctor since over the summer, so I haven't talked to them yet, but would makeup help in any way, without having to cake it on? If so, what types? I don't wear anything normally, so even a bit of makeup would probably be an improvement. :P

The thing is, it's hard to show you guys what my face really looks like, because it fails to show up in pictures the same way that it does in person/real life. I'm currently searching my computer for a good example of what it actually looks like, so I'll edit when I find one.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm pretty sure laurabeth has rosacea. You should pm her.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    what you're describing IS a form of rosacea.

to hide mine - which is REALLY bad - i wear yellow-tone foundation that matches my skin colour very closely - MAC NC15 (20 in the summer).

i smooth it in with my fingers and add more where i need it.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I have KPRF. It can look a lot like rosacea and acts a lot like it but is treated in a different way. You need a dermatologist to look at it to see. For me it took a few different dr's but once I got the diagnosis and had 5 or 6 v-beam treatments it improved dramatically (little to no burning, bumps all gone, redness gone). I use Jane Iredale mineral makeup - it's the only one I've found that doesn't irritate my face. I started using it when my face was still really red and it covers it up in an amazing way without causing further irritation.

Good luck!
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Rou here in Canada physicians formula has yellow tinted concealer and foundation would that work? Can you use these yellow products alone or do they need to be covered with a reg foundation? TIA
    Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
    PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
    Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    if you get the right foundation, you don't need much concealer.

it's also better to put concealer OVER foundation, where you need more coverage. so i'm always adding extra around my nose.

the L'Oreal True Match might have a better range of colours to match you than the Physician's Formula. and i think they're around the same price.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file