Little broken capillaries

steph_einasteph_eina Posts: 47Registered Users
My best friend is just as pale as I am, but she has little clusters of these tiny broken capillaries on her lower back and between her shoulder blades. I suppose because she's so white you can see them, and the look of them bothers her. She was asking me about laser treatment and I told her I'd see what I could find out from the trusty NC board. What do you think? Have any of you had laser treatments for broken capillaries/spider veins before?
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
-- Somerset Maugham

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i haven't, though i did have the ones on my face treated years ago with cauterizing - oooooowwwwww!!!

a former co-worker had the ones on her face done with a laser a couple of years ago. she said that it felt like having an elastic pinging on your skin. it took 3 treatments (about $150 Cdn each) to make them fade enough that she could stop piling on makeup.

i'd REALLY like to get my facial ones done with a laser, they are SO bad!

:(

since they are on a hard-to-reach part of the body, i guess a Derma-blend type foundation wouldn't be a good idea for her? it's much cheaper than laser treatments.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I had some facial capillaries lasered a few years ago. It was a single treatment. The laser made tiny purple bruises, they were startling! It was about 3 days before I went back to work with heavy concealer, and they were entirely gone in about a week. It definitely got rid of the capillaries.

My friend had the type of laser that doesn't make the bruises and takes 3 treatments, but she thought it didn't work as well.
  • steph_einasteph_eina Posts: 47Registered Users
    Thanks so much for the info. :) I'll let her know!
    The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    -- Somerset Maugham
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    i haven't, though i did have the ones on my face treated years ago with cauterizing - oooooowwwwww!!!

a former co-worker had the ones on her face done with a laser a couple of years ago. she said that it felt like having an elastic pinging on your skin. it took 3 treatments (about $150 Cdn each) to make them fade enough that she could stop piling on makeup.

i'd REALLY like to get my facial ones done with a laser, they are SO bad!

:(

since they are on a hard-to-reach part of the body, i guess a Derma-blend type foundation wouldn't be a good idea for her? it's much cheaper than laser treatments.

Rou...I have been looking into this too. I went to a plastic surgeon first, and they were pushing this whole face package with peels for 1500 or 2500 depending on whether or not the person doing it was board certified. They would do the spots I pointed out as the worst for 550.

Then, I went to a respected derm. They rent the laser and have it only once a month or every other month, and they only charge 250 + 12 for each pulse (which is the size of a head of a pencil). Lines, not dots, can take two pulses per mark. The healing was what SuZen described, and they even showed me an album of after pics to see the bruising.
    ;)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks, slinky, good to know.

i haven't investigated since i've moved to this smaller city a year ago. might be time for a look!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file