Help with KCCC

ladymisswavyladymisswavy Registered Users Posts: 24
Hi everyone!

I have been experimenting with KCCC lately as a curl enhancer. I use a really teeny amount, and it gives me good curl enhancement, but seems to make my hair really fuzzy and frizzy, mostly halo frizz. Today I used it with AIF gel on top and a little grapeseed oil underneath for sealing. Has anyone had this issue with KCCC and figured out how to fix it? I'd love to be able to use it since it is one of the few glycerin free protein free curl enhancers. Thanks!
2a canopy, 1c underneath, Medium Thick
Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity
Low Poo: MOP C-System Hydrating Shampoo, Alba Clarifying
RO/LI: Deva One C/Renpure Argan
Winter Stylers: Organix Curl Defining Cream, KMS Curl Up Control Creme, AIF, Pantene Curly Hair Mousse, Biolage Gelee, Deva Mirror Curls
Summer: Switch from creams to jellies, KCCC, CIAB.
CG since July 2011

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm, KCCC is one of the few products that doesn't really give me frizz. I don't use a teeny tiny amount though. I transferred mine to a pump bottle and do two pumps for all of my hair.

Do you apply it to soaking wet hair? That might help.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• GoldenBlazeGoldenBlaze Registered Users Posts: 342
    KCCC does NOT play well with others and is best if used with Knot Today as your leave-in conditioner on soaking wet hair. One thing I learned from using KCCC is that most of the vloggers apply it wrong. They divide the hair in sections and shingle it and that will cause u to have too much product and will result in white film and flakiness. What I do is shampoo, condition, rinse out conditioner, divide in sections, apply knot today leave-in conditioner, comb my hair into the desired style, put my comb away, spray down my hair again with water till its dripping wet, THEN apply KCCC by using a quarter sized amount and scrunch it into the hair. Once I've distributed the product, I then finger comb/rake my hair for even product distribution and then let air dry.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1346387347.915208.jpg
  • ladymisswavyladymisswavy Registered Users Posts: 24
    Thanks for this message!! I was afraid to try too much KCCC because my waves are so wimpy and I didn't want to weigh them down. But I tried about a quarter size amount on your suggestion and topped it off with AIF. I actually have some of the best waves I have seen in a long time, though I still kind of have the frizz. But I think maybe I need to start doing oil sealing for that . . .
    Winter Stylers: Organix Curl Defining Cream, KMS Curl Up Control Creme, AIF, Pantene Curly Hair Mousse, Biolage Gelee, Deva Mirror Curls
    CG since July 2011
  • ladymisswavyladymisswavy Registered Users Posts: 24
    Thanks! Do you not use any gel over KCCC, then? I have tried that in the past, but I definitely need more hold.
    CG since July 2011
  • PolkadotowlPolkadotowl Registered Users Posts: 77
    I just got some of the KC products last week and was having trouble with them at first. Originally, I used a TINY amount of the KCKT after my RO and then combed through AG re:coil. Finally I scrunched in my KCCC and BRHG...all while soaking wet. My hair looked good, but kind of felt yucky. This weekend, I experimented by using more KCKT and a lot less KCCC. I also decided to scrunch out some water with my bare hands before putting in the KCCC, and I skipped the re:coil. I also used a t-shirt to scrunch out even more water after adding the KCCC, and before scrunching in my BRHG. SO much better!
    Day39.jpg
    2b/2c Thick, med texture, med porosity

CG 7/25/12

Low Poo: TJ TTT Shampoo
    CW: TJ TTT Condish
    RO: TN, SN Coconut
    LI: TN, KCKT
    Stylers: AG re:coil, AIF, BRHG, KCCC, AVG, Tresemme FCSG, Lavish Curls
    Methods: MysteryFlavored, SMasters, Icequeen,
    2nd Day: pineappling w/ claw clip, satin cap, spritz & diffuse, clip roots, dry plop
    DT: SheaM Organic Raw Shea Butter DT Masque
    I add gel on top because my hair has a tendency to poof out and has weak waves. I will either mix the KCCC and BRHG together or top KCCC with some AIF or BRHG.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves

• tambalinatambalina Registered Users Posts: 64
    Hmmm, KCCC is one of the few products that doesn't really give me frizz. I don't use a teeny tiny amount though. I transferred mine to a pump bottle and do two pumps for all of my hair.

Do you apply it to soaking wet hair? That might help.

Your avatar makes me think that we might have similar hair textures. (I'm half Korean, so it might be an Asian thing?) You said you use 2 pumps of KCCC. I was wondering how long your hair was as a basis of comparison. Just wanted to know if I was using this product to its full capacity. I am BSL length right now and have been using about a nickle-sized "slime ball" of KCCC on soaking wet hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG Journey Start Date: 08.21.12 Now modified CG
    F/M texture, Med Density, Low/Normal Porosity, Hennindigo
    Current Routine (Still working out the kinks):
    Sulfate wash: CHSTS
    Low-Poo: OMAO
    CO-Wash: IEC, VO5VMT, TNRV
    Rinse Out: YTCarrots, DLOO, Renpure Red, GVPCB
    LI: YTCarrots, CCC
    PT: NPF
    Styler: AG:RC, KCCC, LALNC, FSG
    Gel: BRHG+Biotera
    tambalina wrote: »

Your avatar makes me think that we might have similar hair textures. (I'm half Korean, so it might be an Asian thing?) You said you use 2 pumps of KCCC. I was wondering how long your hair was as a basis of comparison. Just wanted to know if I was using this product to its full capacity. I am BSL length right now and have been using about a nickle-sized "slime ball" of KCCC on soaking wet hair.

I am Korean as well! Funny. My hair is about BSL as well and very thick and kinky. It looks like I use more but that's just so I get the nice, fat clumps.

• tambalinatambalina Registered Users Posts: 64
    I am Korean as well! Funny. My hair is about BSL as well and very thick and kinky. It looks like I use more but that's just so I get the nice, fat clumps.

KP, lol!! I wish my hair was very thick, too. (Like my mom's - too bad I have my Caucasian father's fine hair.) I have the density of Asian hair, though. I'll have to try using more and see if that works. Thank you!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG Journey Start Date: 08.21.12 Now modified CG
    F/M texture, Med Density, Low/Normal Porosity, Hennindigo
    Current Routine (Still working out the kinks):
    Sulfate wash: CHSTS
    Low-Poo: OMAO
    CO-Wash: IEC, VO5VMT, TNRV
    Rinse Out: YTCarrots, DLOO, Renpure Red, GVPCB
    LI: YTCarrots, CCC
    PT: NPF
    Styler: AG:RC, KCCC, LALNC, FSG
    Gel: BRHG+Biotera
    Thanks for this message!! I was afraid to try too much KCCC because my waves are so wimpy and I didn't want to weigh them down. But I tried about a quarter size amount on your suggestion and topped it off with AIF. I actually have some of the best waves I have seen in a long time, though I still kind of have the frizz. But I think maybe I need to start doing oil sealing for that . . .

You are so welcome and I'm glad I was able to help.
    I add gel on top because my hair has a tendency to poof out and has weak waves. I will either mix the KCCC and BRHG together or top KCCC with some AIF or BRHG.

I didn't need to add any gel as the KCCC will give u a firm hold with the method I described.
  • CurlyJuliaCurlyJulia Registered Users Posts: 38
    I cannot use KCCC for whatever reason. CJCCCC, however, gives me amazing curls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dye free since 8/2/12
    CG since 6/29/12
    Type: 2c/3a, medium, thick
    Cowash: Suave TC Conditioner
    Poo: SM Coconut-Hibiscus Shampoo
    Curl Enhancment: CJCCCC!!,
    Gels: HETT, BRHG, EcoStyler
    Mousse: Deva Frizz-free Volumizing Foam
    PT: IA Girl's Gelatin PT

Experimenting with VO5 Kiwi-Lime for Condish styling, as well as looking for an affordable substitute for Deva FFVF.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file