Repub Lindsey Graham <-- I thought his quote was a headline from The Onion

DevushkaDevushka Registered Users Posts: 1,080
Just FYI -- I came across this quote today, and wrongly assumed it was something generated by The Onion, or whatever. Apparently Rep. Lindsey Graham (R - South Carolina) really DID say this:

"The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.). “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

So...If they were generating enough angry white guys, that would be just fine with them, I guess?
As Republican convention emphasizes diversity, racial incidents intrude - The Washington Post
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
Goal: APL Hair

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, you interpreted his quote correctly. However, its a pretty loaded statement. First, saying they're generating AWGs means the R party is actively trying stir racial tension through propaganda. And it also means they want the nonWhite guy out of office!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    wow
  • claudine19claudine19 Registered Users Posts: 4,486
    No disrespect to those members of NC who are Republican, but I just don't understand what the GOP is selling this time around. There seems to be more idiotic comments than any real insight into the plight of the average American at present.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • DevushkaDevushka Registered Users Posts: 1,080
    I'm actually hoping that the crazies making themselves known turns out to be a good thing for the sane (i.e. not bat crap crazy) Republicans who for years have been railing against how their party has been taken over by...CRAZIES!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Funny, all the angry white guys I know are angry at the Republicans.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Registered Users Posts: 751
    It's almost as if they are trying to lose.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    claudine19 wrote: »
    There seems to be more idiotic comments than any real insight into the plight of the average American at present.
    See, I think the GOP has excellent insight into what the average American wants.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file