What do you use to color your eyebrows?

fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
for the first time in my life i'm going to color my hair!
i saw a video on youtube that reminded women:
if you color your hair, don't forget to color your eyebrows.

my hair is dark brown-near black and i'm coloring it this color:
759_s.jpg

the instructions say not to use the hair color to dye your eyebrows.
what product do you think will work for me?

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    For such a subtle color change I don't think you would need to change your eyebrows.

I see lots of women of color on tv kind of overdoing it w/ eyebrow lightening (thinking about Viola davis and everyone from RHoAtlanta).

It has become a such a fad!

You can always use facial hair bleach left on for 30 secs or get it done professionally.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I dye my eyebrows, but only because they've gone gray, not to match my hair. I use a non-fume color (Robert Craig) that is a "deposit only" haircolor, because any of the stuff containing peroxide makes fumes that burn my eyes and make them water. I just dye them dark brown, because that's the color they used to be naturally, and what looks best on me, despite the fact that I henna my hair to a dark red color.
  • fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    what do you use spider?

thanks rcw! it seems you are darkening/tinting your eyebrows, but i'm going to lighten mine.
  • OBBOBB Registered Users Posts: 4,174 Curl Neophyte
    that color is not black enough for you Frau ;)
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    What happened...? I swear I posted...
    Anywho, I'd bleach my brows if I were you. Jolen makes a bleach just for this purpose. 10 minutes or so and you're done. I keep it on my brows for 20-25 minutes and my brows end up blonde or white. Then I fill them in with Rimmel Hazel pencil.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    What has already been said.

Creme facial bleach can lighten your eyebrows a couple of shades. But smdo your hair first and then think about it. Eyebrows are usually darker than hair. And its kind of 'in' now. Matchy matchy eyebrows and hair don't always look right.

Then again, too dark eyebrows aren't good either. Anyone seen this months Cosmo? What's with that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rita-ora-by-zoe-mcconnell-for-complex-magazine-august-september-2012-8.jpg

that will be wonderful if i don't have to do anything with my eyebrows!
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    I think that pic you posted looks fine..blonde hair and dark eyebrows but then again what do I know. I would never imagine dying my eyebrows unless they were going gray. I find darker eyebrows more attractive in general especially on darker skin and never occured to me that they need to match the hair. I definitely never did back when I used to dye my hair lighter. And I've had it much lighter than the color you posted.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    If you use the bleach, I wouldn't start with 10 minutes. You could end up looking very funny. Better to start slow and build...maybe 2 or 3 minutes, rinse and check. You can always re-apply for a few minutes if you want them lighter, but it's awful hard to get the color back once it's gone.
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    You definitely don't need to with that colour.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• claudine19claudine19 Registered Users Posts: 4,486
    Mine have faded a bit, so I just use MAC brow mascara. I wonder if mixing a little in with your natural color would be enough?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte
    Amneris wrote: »
    You definitely don't need to with that colour.

Agree.. all she needs is a brown eyebrow pencil or a brown eyeshadow powder. Hell you can get a Wet N Wild brow kit for $2 at the drugstore. That light brown bleached brow look that seems to be so popular today with certain WOC...it's NOT the business. SMH.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    frau wrote: »
    what do you use spider?

thanks rcw! it seems you are darkening/tinting your eyebrows, but i'm going to lighten mine.

I don't use anything now; my eyebrows aren't very dark or thick.

But in the past I used sally hansen facial hair creme bleach. More to make my real brows disappear so I could redraw in a more dramatic way.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    mine are coming in white now and i do use my hair dye on them.

totally unsafe, i know...

:sad3:
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Ink. ;)
    i bought sally hansen's bleach cream.
    thank goodness i remembered rcc warning.
    the instructions say 8 minutes but i left them on for 5 and i think they're too light.
    i'll probably fill them in with pencil.
    i can't believe i'm only now discovering how to beautify myself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file