Plopping almost dry hair

barcemadisbarcemadis Registered Users Posts: 25
Does anybody else do this? Lately I've diffused almost dry, about 80% or so, then I plop again using the Live Curly Live Free method. Seems to give me extra root volume.

2b/c mix, fine strands, low porosity, medium density, and normal elasticity.

Love Curl Junkie! CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, CJ Curl Queen gel, and CJ Curl Fix are HGs for me.

Love Curl Junkie! CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, CJ Curl Queen gel, and CJ Curl Fix are HGs for me.

Comments

• SweetSquatchiiSweetSquatchii Registered Users Posts: 138
    I think a few people do....

it was discussed in this thread a while back.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/147844-dry-plopping.html :lol:
    2C, Medium/Fine, Low Porosity, High Density - CG since 5.19.12
    Cowash: Burt's Bee's More Moisture Boabab
    Conditioner/LI: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner - I don't RO
    Styling Products: KCCC, KY, Deva Arc AnGel, HESMU
  • barcemadisbarcemadis Registered Users Posts: 25
    Yeah, that thread gave me the idea to try it on slightly damp hair. Seemed like it was only about plopping with fully dry hair.

barcemadis wrote: »
    Yeah, that thread gave me the idea to try it on slightly damp hair. Seemed like it was only about plopping with fully dry hair.

I tend to do both wet and dry but never just damp so I might have to investigate that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • barcemadisbarcemadis Registered Users Posts: 25
    Le me know what you think! The dry plopping worked really well for me getting 2nd day hair. I feel like I'm plopping all the time now though, lol, right out of the shower, almost dry, and at night. I feel like the almost dry plopping makes the most difference for me, volume-wise.

• colormemichellecolormemichelle Registered Users Posts: 16
    I'm going to have to try this. Volume is what I lack the most. Unfortunately, when I get ready for work I don't have time to wait for my hair to be almost dry...I guess I could turban-up in the car!
    2A-3A, Low Porosity, Protein-Picky

Currently:
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCreme Moisturizing Shampoo
    CO-Wash: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Moisturizing Conditioner
    DT/LI: L`Oreal EverSleek Smoothing Deep Conditioner
    PT: Hask Henna 'n Placenta
    Styler: L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Activating Mousse, LA Bella Curl Gel, TRESemme Hairspray
    I'm going to have to try this. Volume is what I lack the most. Unfortunately, when I get ready for work I don't have time to wait for my hair to be almost dry...I guess I could turban-up in the car!

If my husband and I are in a long car ride to visit family, I'll plop and wear it until we almost get there! He hates it but it's really helpful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file