hair feels greasy. am i doing some thing wrong

maddie619maddie619 Registered Users Posts: 8
hi i just started cg and my hair feels grasy at the top. what i sually do is condition my hair and leave it in during my shower then when i get out i put conditioner in and leave it in. should i stop putting conditioner in my hair after my shower? oh andim not really sure what conditioner i should use so i just us nexus humectress ultimate moisture condiyioner, should i sto using it because im not really sure what shouldnt be in it.

Comments

• SweetSquatchiiSweetSquatchii Registered Users Posts: 138
    I think i got a little confused on your method... but it could be one of two things...

You might be over moisturizing. Are you doing a CO wash, a RO and then another conditioner and leaving the third conditioner in and following with a LI?

I have a condish I use only for CO wash, rinse that out completely, then do a RO in which I leave it in and comb through it to get all the tangles out and usually leave that in while I finish my shower, but then I rinse that completely out. Then I use a separate LI after I'm out of the shower, and I use KCKT because 1 - a little goes a LONG way and 2 - it doesn't seem to be too heavy or overly moisturizing for my hair. I tend to get over moisturized and my hair gets weighed down or not meet it's full curl/wave potential when that happens.

It might also be build up. I know when I first went CG the first few weeks were improving but then I suddenly had greasy looking hair that was soft, and flat. it also started feeling grimey. I tend to rotate in a low-poo every 2 or 3 washes to help fend off that.

HTH!
    2C, Medium/Fine, Low Porosity, High Density - CG since 5.19.12
    Cowash: Burt's Bee's More Moisture Boabab
    Conditioner/LI: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner - I don't RO
    Styling Products: KCCC, KY, Deva Arc AnGel, HESMU
  • SweetSquatchiiSweetSquatchii Registered Users Posts: 138
    I should also point out if you don't know (which you probably do) that a few weeks into CG you might still be transitioning.

Another thing I noticed after a while was that the first few days were awesome hair compared to before, but then I quickly realized I looked greasy... I was transitioning. It's the hardest part of CG for me. It took about two weeks for it to normalize for me.

Lets just say they were the works two hair weeks of my life. BUT with pulling it up and keep up with it, I got much better results after it passed.
    2C, Medium/Fine, Low Porosity, High Density - CG since 5.19.12
    Cowash: Burt's Bee's More Moisture Boabab
    Conditioner/LI: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner - I don't RO
    Styling Products: KCCC, KY, Deva Arc AnGel, HESMU
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not familiar with the ingredients for Nexxus, but the first thing I would do is double check for silicones. Silicone + conditioner only method = very unhappy hair. If that's the case, make sure you clarify with a silicone-free sulfate shampoo before you restart co-washing.
    Another possibility is that you might need a lighter conditioner for your co-wash. The ends of my hair tend to get dry and need lots of moisture, but my scalp doesn't. I will only use conditioners labeled as clarifying to co-wash. My favorite is VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea.
    Finally, I found that technique is super important and it definitely took me a while to get that part right. I use a TON of co-wash conditioner (I have a ton of hair), and I start by applying the conditioner around my hairline because that's where I most notice any greasiness or gunkyness. I pretty firmly massage my scalp with the pads of my fingertips for a good 2-3 minutes, working the conditioner from my hairline to my crown. I also continue massaging my scalp as I rinse the co-wash from my hair.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file