Do you really comb your hair when wet?

SundialSundial Registered Users Posts: 72
I was just wondering if you really comb your hair when wet. I stopped doing it several years ago because I heard that it causes breakage, and I think the condition of my hair improved. But a lot of people seem to do this - do you? And does it affect the condition of your hair?

Comments

• MotorCurlMotorCurl Registered Users Posts: 90
    I do, but only when it's loaded with conditioner. I finger detangle first, then use a wide toothed comb. I rarely use a comb when dry anymore.
    2C/2B; Med-fine texture, Normal porosity/elasticity, med-thin density; Color treated
    Cleanse: Jessicurl GLS, L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner
    Co-Wash: SNES, VO5 Kiwi Lime
    RO/LI: Jessicurl Aloeba and TooShea!, KCKT, GVPCB
    Stylers: KCCC (HG!), SM C&S Milk, BRHG, Jessicurl Gelebration Spray, Confident Coils
    CG since 4/23/12
    Located in Houston, Texas

"Hair really is the crowning glory of a woman. It lights up her person, it frames her face, it makes a halo around her." - Ann Harding
  • cinimonstkcinimonstk Registered Users Posts: 35
    I use a fine tooth comb in the shower once I condition and only to set my part. Every once in a while I'll use a wide tooth comb on dry hair, mostly to comb into a pony or braid before going to the gym. Any other time I finger comb.
    Getting to know my hair!

2c/3a, Med/high porosity, Fine hair, Still trying to figure out elasticity, Colored

Products I am auditioning:
    Co-wash & LI: Suave Nat. Trop Coco
    Low Poo: Pure Elements Sulfate-Free Color Protect Shampoo
    Stylers: Biotera Curl Creme, Argan Oil, Aussie Sydney Smooth Gel, AIF
    PT: GVP Kpak
    DT: PE Intensive Repair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file