2b/2c Hairstyle Advice!

evvybevvyb Registered Users Posts: 4
Okay, so I'm brand new to the curly world. I never understood why my hair would frizz up on me when I brushed it and realized that it is because my hair is wavy (2b/2c).

I love the idea of embracing my waves/curls and straying away from heat. My hair is kind of damaged from blow-drying my hair straight, having colors in it, etc. I've been co-washing for the past week and already I've seen a HUGE difference in my hair's curls. However, I'm going to a wedding this Saturday and I have no idea what to do with my hair.

Normally, I would blow dry it straight or straight-iron it. I don't want to do that because I'm trying to preserve the little bit of life my hair has. But I'm worried that if I wear it how I'm wearing it daily (down and curly/wavy with just some leave in conditioner and little bit of mousse) it wouldn't be appropriate. I feel as though it might be seen as too messy looking for something as fancy as a wedding (I'm just a guest). And I'm not sure the style looks right with the dress I'm wearing (a strapless, knee-length dress).

Also, I'm not trying to say that wearing curly hair natural looks messy at all. I love wearing my hair curly. I just don't know how to style it for special occasions. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can wear my hair? Either down or up? I'd really appreciate it. I just don't want to have to turn to the blow-dryer/straightener and do damage.

Eagerly awaiting suggestions, tips, and/or advice,

-evvy

Comments

• SundialSundial Registered Users Posts: 72
    evvyb wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm brand new to the curly world. I never understood why my hair would frizz up on me when I brushed it and realized that it is because my hair is wavy (2b/2c).

I love the idea of embracing my waves/curls and straying away from heat. My hair is kind of damaged from blow-drying my hair straight, having colors in it, etc. I've been co-washing for the past week and already I've seen a HUGE difference in my hair's curls. However, I'm going to a wedding this Saturday and I have no idea what to do with my hair.

Normally, I would blow dry it straight or straight-iron it. I don't want to do that because I'm trying to preserve the little bit of life my hair has. But I'm worried that if I wear it how I'm wearing it daily (down and curly/wavy with just some leave in conditioner and little bit of mousse) it wouldn't be appropriate. I feel as though it might be seen as too messy looking for something as fancy as a wedding (I'm just a guest). And I'm not sure the style looks right with the dress I'm wearing (a strapless, knee-length dress).

Also, I'm not trying to say that wearing curly hair natural looks messy at all. I love wearing my hair curly. I just don't know how to style it for special occasions. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can wear my hair? Either down or up? I'd really appreciate it. I just don't want to have to turn to the blow-dryer/straightener and do damage.

Eagerly awaiting suggestions, tips, and/or advice,

-evvy

Why don't you do a French twist and leave some strands down, or if you google curly updos you can find a lot of updos that are specific for curly hair?
  • kstankstan Registered Users Posts: 423
    last wedding I attended I wore my bangs down (blunt bangs) and a pony tail at the nape of my neck to one side. I used a clear band and then wrapped over it with my hair to conceal it. It was great for the outdoor wedding in late June, In Georgia.

I usually straighten my hair for special occasions too (pre CG anyway). . . but it just doesn't work between march and october. the humidity just won't let it stay straight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    started CG on 6/25/12. :duckie:
    • 2c with a strait underneath
    • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
    • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Registered Users Posts: 959
    I have a wedding to go to tomorrow & plan on pinning some pieces back in the front & if I have unruly spots not blending in I will curling iron them. I dont do it often so I dont feel guilty for using heat for special occasions.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • evvybevvyb Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thank you all for replying! I really appreciate the support. I think with the type of dress I am wearing I may wear it down with some pieces pinned back or pin it all up with some pretty barettes/pins.

I did google some images but the hair seemed to be much curlier than my own and I wasn't sure how it would look in those styles. I will post pictures with what I ended up going with.

Thanks again for the help ladies!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlTalk App
  • LjpizzoLjpizzo Registered Users Posts: 22 Curl Neophyte
    My favorite updo is the side bun. It works for most hair types and you Cain add little cute clips or a big barrette or a flower.

Wedding Updo Idea: Taylor Swift's Sweet Curly Side-Bun - Wedding Updo - Zimbio
  • evvybevvyb Registered Users Posts: 4
    I just want to thank you ladies for all your replies. I ended up sectioning off my hair in the front from where I side part my hair and twisting that back. Then the rest of my hair I pulled into a ponytail in the middle of my head. I then took one inch sections from the ponytail and looping it onto itself and pinning. It came out to be a really nice bun. People had thought I got it done at a salon! Yay for not putting heat to my hair for a formal occasion!

Again, thanks for the ideas ladies!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file