Curling jellys/puddings?

curlymommacurlymomma Registered Users Posts: 296
I am looking for input on these, especially ones available on the ground. I know Target & WF has KCCC, and I've seen that Sally's has some jellys and puddings, such as As I Am and Curls Unleashed. I know the KCCC brand is well loved, but have any wavies used any of the others, esp the Sally brands, and liked them?

Jenn
Proud momma to 8!!! :love3:
Hair Type: Used to be 3a/b, now 2b/c Wavy/Whurly
Style: cirly pixie, growing out from a buzzcut. Aiming for at least a jaw length bob
Routine: Figuring that out since my hair has changed... so far:
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion, CJ Curl Fix
Curl Enhancer: SS CEJ
Styler: KCCC, CK Coil Jam, SS FHG
Deep Conditioner: CK Curlycue Renew, CK Curl Fix
Color: I use henna to achieve a rich black cherry/deep burgundy

Comments

• dannegerousdannegerous Registered Users Posts: 70
    I've really liked the results I've gotten with As I Am curling jelly. It's a bit on the expensive side but it was on sale and I got my Sally's discount, so I splurged on it. When I got it home and used it, I realized that a little goes a long way and it's been a good investment.
    CG since May 2012
    Curl Pattern: 2c, Texture: coarse, Porosity: low, Density: thick, Elasticity: low
  • curlymommacurlymomma Registered Users Posts: 296
    Oooooh now I wanna try the AIA... I have already used & loved their coconut cowash ;) but I also have some kccc coming in the mail as well as samples of jc rr, curly kinks coil jam & satin roots, and curl junkie gels, leave ins & df. So I foresee lots of experiments in my future! Lol what does the AIA jelly smell like btw?

Jenn

Sent from my SGH-T589 using CurlTalk App
    Style: cirly pixie, growing out from a buzzcut. Aiming for at least a jaw length bob
  • dannegerousdannegerous Registered Users Posts: 70
    curlymomma wrote: »
    Lol what does the AIA jelly smell like btw

I just went into my bathroom to smell it lol. It's a slightly stronger scent than the KCCC. It smells a bit sweet and very citrus-y. Once I have it on my hair, it's not overwhelming or strong.
    CG since May 2012
    Curl Pattern: 2c, Texture: coarse, Porosity: low, Density: thick, Elasticity: low
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    Lots of wavies love AIA Curling Jelly. I like it enough that I ordered a 8oz jar that should be arriving tomorrow!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,537
    I like the AIA Smoothing jelly I think it's called. The curling jelly makes me real crunchy

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • curlymommacurlymomma Registered Users Posts: 296
    Well I got a jar of the KCCC today... washed with CJDF, smoothed in a little CJ Smoothing Lotion, and then scrunched in the KCCC. OMG I think I am in LOVE!!! MY hair dried SO soft, shiny and defined, with nice clumps. I tried Jessicurl RR with the same LI yesterday and it was NOT pretty, curls would not clump and there was frizz :( so I'm putting it up on the swap board. Next on my list - I have Curly Kinks Coil jam sample on the way, and also plan to pick up the AIA jelly at some point, maybe this weekend, along with some KCKT (tho my hubby will likely kill me when he gets the credit card bill this month *sigh*)

I'm wondering... we have pretty high dews at this point, and the KCCC has glycerin. I'm wondering what to expect in the winter when they are lower. I know that the Coil Jam is glycerin free, are there any other jellys/custards/puddings with similar properties that would be ok for low dews? I know, winter is months off so I'm probably jumping the gun lol. I like to think ahead :flower:

Jenn
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    I think you have it backwards. KCCC does not have glycerin and the Coil Jam does have glycerin.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• yossarianyossarian Registered Users Posts: 967
    Lots of wavies love AIA Curling Jelly. I like it enough that I ordered a 8oz jar that should be arriving tomorrow!

+1 to this! I had a credit at Sally's, so I picked it up Saturday. This morning was my first use and I'm quite happy with the results: shine, good wave/curl definition, no frizz & no crunch. I only needed a small dollop, so this 16 ounce jar is going to last a loooong time (good thing, since it costs almost $20 with a Sally's card - not sure I could justify paying that much out of pocket).

I'll post back after a few days to give an update, but my first impression is extremely positive.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file