Lace wigs

AstoniedAstonied Posts: 26Registered Users
Can you wear lace wigs without glue or tape? Can you just put it on like an ordinary full wig then cut the lace off and it'll stay on? I don't want to ruin my edges. Plus, I like to take my wigs off when I get home. I don't want to leave a wig on for days without taking it off. In my local hair store, I like the lace wigs better than the ordinary wigs because they have some coily ones. All the ordinary wigs are straight or wavy.
Last relaxer: 11/24/2011
Big chop: 03/13/2012
Type: 4a/b
Porosity: Low
Strand Thickness: Fine/Med
Density: Idk
Length: 5in TWA
Goal: WL
Regimen:
- Hot oil treatment with EVCO before every wash.
- Cowash 1x per week with GF triple nutrition conditioner
- Low poo 1x per mo. alternating from shea moisture african black soap shampoo & andalou naturals moisture rich
- Moisturize with water/aloe mix or KKNT and seal with EVOO as needed
- Sleep with satin bonnet
Style:
Wash & go

Comments

• angellike550angellike550 Posts: 17Registered Users
    hi you can get a glueless lace wig or if you are a bit crafty do a youtube search for "elastic band method for lace wigs" you can sew an elastic band into the wig and it will stay nice and snug
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Astonied wrote: »
    Can you wear lace wigs without glue or tape? Can you just put it on like an ordinary full wig then cut the lace off and it'll stay on? I don't want to ruin my edges. Plus, I like to take my wigs off when I get home. I don't want to leave a wig on for days without taking it off. In my local hair store, I like the lace wigs better than the ordinary wigs because they have some coily ones. All the ordinary wigs are straight or wavy.

Yes..several lace front wigs come with the combs in them.
    Just go to youtube and check out several videos of women wearing lace fronts without tape or glue. They use the wig combs or bobby pins.

GLS15 Friday Night Hair! - YouTube (This lady has TONS of lace wig tutorials where she doesn't use glue or tape)

Applying Lace With NO Glue (Freetress-Billy) - YouTube
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CalberCalber Posts: 126Registered Users
    I sometimes sew in combs which I saved from previous wigs, in my lace front...

💐 Sent from my iPhone4 with CurlTalk app 💋
    I have to shower in order to wake up properly in the mornings :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file