We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

My hair dries really fast, sign of high porosity?

MeeraMeera Posts: 105Registered Users
As soon as as I dry off and get in front of the mirror to deal with my hair, the surface parts of my hair are dry already and frizz has started to form. does this mean my hair is highly porous?

Comments

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,783Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's possible, but there are other ways to determine if your hair is highly porous:

1. Does it tangle easily?
    2. Does it get wet easily?
    3. Does it completely dry within 8 hours or less?
    4. Do you use a moisturizing spritz every couple of days or so otherwise your hair becomes very dry?
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • lavinder11lavinder11 Posts: 43Registered Users
    Another test is to drop a clean strand of hair in a glass of water. If it sinks quickly your hair is highly porous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    clean with no leave in or anything on it? or is it ok to have some leave in on it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
  • lavinder11lavinder11 Posts: 43Registered Users
    Yes, your hair has to be clean. Products alter the superficial properties of your hair, so testing it with a leave-in on wouldn't give you a idea of your true hair porosity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuckersdaughtertuckersdaughter Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hey Meera. I am brand new to CG- day 3 today. I also have the problem you described. Just wondering if you have figured out a solution yet? Cause I would love to try it :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file