CurlTalk

Carol's Daughter pomade and pudding

UhLeashUhUhLeashUh Posts: 25Registered Users
I went to Ulta this weekend and they had free samples of Carol's Daughter hair milk puddding (no purchase necesarry!) but I bought the pomade/balm anyway. I was skeptical because I've been using gel basically my whole life and I didn't know how my hair would react to something lighter.

I will say this: frizz is gone, completely. So that's a plus. It is very light on my hair, I can already tell that this will all wash out very easily with no build-up. I do think I will need to add something else to the mix to achieve a little more volume and I may have actually used too much of the pomade as my hair kind of has that wet look to it. I will update after I've used it a couple more times.

Overall: I'm liking it.
Modified CG: 8.1.12
Hair: 2B/2C, Med Density, Coarse, Short
Products: L'Oreal EverSleek Conditioner, 365 Herbal Mint shampoo once a week and conditioner 2-3 times a week, Goddess curls gel, LA Looks Curl gel, satin pillowcase, microfiber towel

Comments

• UhLeashUhUhLeashUh Posts: 25Registered Users
    Ok, so now my hair is totally dry and here's my update.

For some reason my hair is falling flat, but I don't really think it's the CD products, it just tends to do this and I haven't figured out why/what I'm missing to keep some volume all day long.

Lately my scalp has been itchy all day long, but with these products I haven't had ANY itching. I went out for lunch and I live in Dallas, TX so it is HOT and HUMID and my hair didn't frizz at all.

I will let you know how it washes out. I don't know if this is even interesting to anyone, but I thought I'd let you all know anyway.
    Products: L'Oreal EverSleek Conditioner, 365 Herbal Mint shampoo once a week and conditioner 2-3 times a week, Goddess curls gel, LA Looks Curl gel, satin pillowcase, microfiber towel
  • UhLeashUhUhLeashUh Posts: 25Registered Users
    Yesterday my hair fell flat and had a wet look to it that I didn't care for. So today I tried to use the balm/pomade on top of KCCC and again, my hair looks wet and flat.

I think I need something with a little more thickness to it than the CD products have. It did seem to wash out ok with only water, but it's just too lightweight I think. I will give it a few more tries, but overall I think I've discovered that these products do not stand alone on their own and probably need to be bought as a package deal (expensive!).