CurlTalk

Best leave ins and gels?

kekamariekekamarie Posts: 8Registered Users
I was wondering what some of the best leave in conditioners and gels are? Also if they could be on the semi cheap side and be easily available that would be great. I have type 2 a/b hair and I'm doing the curly girl method.

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,083Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    everyone's hair is different, so we could all give you our idea of the best. a good way to go about this is to find people who have the same hair properties as you, look at their signature and see what products they are using.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • GroYoFroGroYoFro Posts: 237Registered Users
    Ewwwwwww dont use gels! Lol. Theres many other solutions!
    "Life is too short to keep your hair short"

Click here to visit - GRO YO FRO!
  • Kenner82Kenner82 Posts: 31Registered Users
    rbb wrote: »
    everyone's hair is different, so we could all give you our idea of the best. a good way to go about this is to find people who have the same hair properties as you, look at their signature and see what products they are using.

I am brand new to the site and the method (I'm hoping to go to the store tonight to buy some supplies!) but I think the problem is that it's hard to know where to START (if I have 2b/c hair, how do I find pictures of other people with the same type? Just start in a random thread and follow it until I randomly stumble upon someone who has my hair type, a picture, and lists their products?) Is there a better place to start looking?
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    Kenner82 wrote: »
    I am brand new to the site and the method (I'm hoping to go to the store tonight to buy some supplies!) but I think the problem is that it's hard to know where to START (if I have 2b/c hair, how do I find pictures of other people with the same type? Just start in a random thread and follow it until I randomly stumble upon someone who has my hair type, a picture, and lists their products?) Is there a better place to start looking?

Here's a good place to start:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/90412-share-your-hair-biography.html
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG