Over-conditioning?

kekamariekekamarie Registered Users Posts: 8
How do you know if you are over conditioning? How often should you wash your hair with conditioner? Also how do I know if I'm using the right conditioner? I have neutrogena triple moisture daily deep conditioner but I have no idea if it is good or not. If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them but I am looking for something that is affordable. I'm a college student so I don't have a lot of money. Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• kekamariekekamarie Registered Users Posts: 8
    Also I should mention I have type 2 a\b hair and it defiantly needs a conditioner that will moisturize really well since my hair is very dry.
  • UhLeashUhUhLeashUh Registered Users Posts: 25
    I am, by no means, an expert. But I figured I'd reply with the little I do know. Looking at the ingredients list on your conditioner I see that it has sulfates and -cones. Are you trying to go CG?

I would guess that you would know you were over conditioning if your hair felt/looked flat and weighed down. VO5 has some good affordable conditioners. Are you using a leave in conditioner as well?
    Modified CG: 8.1.12
    Hair: 2B/2C, Med Density, Coarse, Short
    Products: L'Oreal EverSleek Conditioner, 365 Herbal Mint shampoo once a week and conditioner 2-3 times a week, Goddess curls gel, LA Looks Curl gel, satin pillowcase, microfiber towel
  • myahjacksonmyahjackson Registered Users Posts: 48
    Well I guess you'd know if your over conditioning you hair if it doesn't feel as soft as it used to be, but I'm trying to figure the same thing out too. The amount of times you wash your hair with conditioner depends on when you feel like your hair needs it. Some people wash their hair twice a month, each week or everyday.. it just depends on you. I wash my hair every two days because I think it needs that.

Your going to need to check if your conditioner has any ingredients ending in 'cone' because this indicated that there are silicones and silicones need sulfate shampoos to be washed out. Sulfates are ingredients that are found in washing detergents so imagine what thats doing to your hair :O Its a vicious cycle.
    Anyway you can type in google (or this website) CG friendly products and you'll find loaaaaads of products that are good for the hair. I use Tresemme Naturals as my conditioner and its amazing on my hair and I bought it for under $5 and its a 700ml bottle so its pretty big.. and plus I'm only 15 and my mum doesn't give me any money lool but its lasts me a long time so when i do get money (or when she's willing to buy) I stock up. But yeah, there are quite a few silicone-free products or there that you can get from the drug store or online. Hope this helps, a little :)
    Oh and seeing as you hair needs moisture at this moment, try Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition it's verrrry good for dry hair. I bought it for under $5 also but its 384ml, bit smaller than Tresemme Naturals but its more moisturizing :)
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh and seeing as you hair needs moisture at this moment, try Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition it's verrrry good for dry hair. I bought it for under $5 also but its 384ml, bit smaller than Tresemme Naturals but its more moisturizing :)

If you are following CG you will want to stay away from Triple Nutrition- it was reformulated a few months ago and now contains amodimethicone (a non-water-soluble silicone). A good alternative if you can find it is the fairly new Renpure Organics Argan Oil conditioner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    Corrina777 wrote: »

If you are following CG you will want to stay away from Triple Nutrition- it was reformulated a few months ago and now contains amodimethicone (a non-water-soluble silicone). A good alternative if you can find it is the fairly new Renpure Organics Argan Oil conditioner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Oh! Thanks a lot :)
    I just checked mine and it doesn't have that silicone in it :) *phew*
  • kekamariekekamarie Registered Users Posts: 8
    I just bought a new conditioner that has no sulfates or silicones in it. But I realized that my leave in conditioner has silicones so now I am in need of a née one. The one I have I got from sallys does anyone know if sallys offers leave ins without sulfates and cones? Are there ingredients on their website? Sorry I'm new to all of this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file