A. Dickey - Hair Rules

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Has anyone with 3A or 3B hair every had their hair cut by A. Dickey?

My hair has not been the same since I used that horrible Living Proof :crybaby:and I might try him since I am not having any good hair days.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• kristy.engelkristy.engel Posts: 1Registered Users
    thought you should know that you can get 50% off a cut with Dickey now through the fly cut, link is here https://www.theflycut.com/index.php?positionID=525
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kristy.engel - thank you so much! Unfortunately, I went before I saw your post. However, I'm totally happy with the cut. If you are interested, I wrote about it in the general discussion forum.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Curlypearl---it is up to up to but you could let the salon know that you missed just missed this email with the coupon just before you left and is there anyway they can honor it and issue the credit back to your account for this cut? If they say no, maybe they will for the next cut. It never hurts to ask.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This might be silly, but I don't want to use the coupon since I actually feel that Dickey deserves every penny since he did such a great job. Also, the charge was $60 less than had been quoted to me on the phone, maybe because he considered what he did a "trim" rather than a "cut." He didn't need to do much, only layer the top for height and he was honest enough to say my length and the basic cut were good and he didn't touch that.

On a side note I rarely find people in any profession who compliment the work of another in their profession and I always think it shows self-confidence.

It's a good idea though, and I will look for coupons the next time I go. Thanks for all your help and also the referral, Curlswirl. I'm keeping that, just in case this haircut doesn't grow in well or Dickey moves to Kansas. :hello2:
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Curlypearl--it sounds like he charged you a very reasonable price so I can see why you wouldn't mention the coupon. You are right that he must be confident if he didn't criticize and try to change Cristin's haircut that much. He sounds so great I am tempted to go to him. If at some point I want a change, I just might try him!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file