We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
On the real, it smells like straight up Downy. My samples were a pale blue as well.

It's very creamy but I had to skimp on some parts. If I had 4ozs I would have been good.

I think the hold is going to be very soft which for me isn't good for my WnGs. I like a medium hold for longer wear

47ac6b65-9711-7a26.jpg
47ac6b65-9735-a3b7.jpg

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    I had to rinse my hair out this morning. I couldnt take it anymore.

I will say my hair was VERY soft but I turn my head and I continue to smell the downy like fragrance , no bueno.
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    Honestly knowing them, it just might BE downy!!! LoL!

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4s using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    Knowing them, it might just BE Downy!!!!

• cocodejcocodej Posts: 1,182Registered Users
    Real talk...I just looked up the ingredients...and in case anyone is just as crazy as I am (you know what I was thinking right...dilute that bad boy and try it on a section if the ingredients and pH look aiight)...
    Ultra Downy® Liquid: Water (process aid), diethyl ester dimethyl ammonium chloride (Softening agent),Fragrance, Starch (Structuring agent), Ammonium chloride (Chlorine scavenger), Calcium chloride (process aid), Formic acid (pH modifier), Polydimethylsiloxane (Anti-foam agent), Liquitint™ (Blue colorant), Benzisothiazolinone (preservative), diethylenetriamine pentaacetate, sodium salt (chelate metals in product)
    James Baldwin
    A Talk To Teachers
    [...]
    one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society
    [...]
  • my3curliesmy3curlies Posts: 161Registered Users
    The name says it all. Miss Jessie’s PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is the new styling lotion that borrows fabric care technology and marries it to haircare. It is perfect for achieving static-free, big, soft, curly hair that we all dream about. If you don't want ramen noodle definition and instead want a larger, expanded, fluffy curl then PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is for you! It's the first “fabric softener” type styling lotion that will leave your curls clothesline fresh and fluffy soft. You will see that PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is so easy to apply. It spreads so smoothly and feels as light as a feather on your curls.
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Quaternary ammonium salts which are softening/conditioning agents are used in fabric softener as well. So the tie to fabric softerner is not new per se. Diethyl ester dimethyl ammonium chloride can be used in hair conditioners as well.

Conditioner is really a (fabric)softener for your hair. LOL at this smelling like Downy. The only scent I liked from MJs is the buttercream
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
    at the end of the work day my coworker exclaimed omg thats you smelling like fabric softener

I KID you not. I water rinsed because I didnt have a lot of time in the am , and i just got in for the night so doing my hair over wont happen until tomorrow
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    So what are the ingredients lol
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    Water (Aqua), Emulsifying Wax NF, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Methyl Gluceth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxycitronellal, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Agave Americana Leaf Extract
  • naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    Thanks for posting about the fragrance. I think I will pass. I can't take any of the MJ styler scents.
    Real talk...I just looked up the ingredients...and in case anyone is just as crazy as I am (you know what I was thinking right...dilute that bad boy and try it on a section if the ingredients and pH look aiight)...
    Ultra Downy® Liquid: Water (process aid), diethyl ester dimethyl ammonium chloride (Softening agent),Fragrance, Starch (Structuring agent), Ammonium chloride (Chlorine scavenger), Calcium chloride (process aid), Formic acid (pH modifier), Polydimethylsiloxane (Anti-foam agent), Liquitint™ (Blue colorant), Benzisothiazolinone (preservative), diethylenetriamine pentaacetate, sodium salt (chelate metals in product)

You know what.... I'm eyeballing my Downy right about now... LoL! I think someone actually mentioned this once on a forum.....

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    Yikes@ Downy smell with no fade.

Shawny: Your hair looked good in the pics though. I'm still gonna get it for a fluffed out WnG. LOL!!
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    ^^^Yikes is right. I got 2 samples of this from this MJ's web site. I put this in my hair at 12:30 pm. It is now 9pm and I STILL smell like Downy. And my hair is not pillow soft. Nope can't use this. I have hot flashes and everytime I get one, the smell gets stronger. OMG! What were they (MJ) thinking. Why would they think that anyone would want to smell like Downy all day???

Hope my Qhemet CDTG gets here tomorrow so I can wash my hair again.

It's very creamy but I had to skimp on some parts. If I had 4ozs I would have been good.

I think the hold is going to be very soft which for me isn't good for my WnGs. I like a medium hold for longer wear

47ac6b65-9711-7a26.jpg
    47ac6b65-9735-a3b7.jpg

Nicely defined. I'll use it in the winter when the climate where I live is the driest, 'cause I like a soft hold in the winter by a product that doesn't dry out my hair.

Thanks for the pics!
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • SaSSyClaSSySaSSyClaSSy Posts: 96Registered Users
    Very nice results OP, I was thinking of trying this, after seeing your hair I might.
    BC: 9/28/10 (2.5-3 inches)
    Hair type: Type 3c/4a fine/medium
    event.png
  • AnnieRoseAnnieRose Posts: 87Registered Users
    my3curlies wrote: »
    The name says it all. Miss Jessie’s PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is the new styling lotion that borrows fabric care technology and marries it to haircare. It is perfect for achieving static-free, big, soft, curly hair that we all dream about. If you don't want ramen noodle definition and instead want a larger, expanded, fluffy curl then PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is for you! It's the first “fabric softener” type styling lotion that will leave your curls clothesline fresh and fluffy soft. You will see that PILLOW SOFT CURLS™ is so easy to apply. It spreads so smoothly and feels as light as a feather on your curls.

Doesn't shea butter do exactly that?
    At least that's what I get from using it.
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    The Pillow Soft Curls didn't work for me. If there is a different way to use it, please let me know because I really loved the scent and how soft my hair felt.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji