Co-Washing vs. No-Poo?

Hi everyone!
A couple days ago I went to deva curl approved salon and got my hair cut! However, upon visiting Ulta to purchase deva curl products I realized how crazy expensive they are! I bought the tiny travel sized versions so I have something to use while I'm doing research but I've come to a halt! Im very confused on the difference between co-washing and no-poo.

So far what I think I know is that co-washing involves only using conditioner to wash your hair, while no-poo means you use a clarifying sulfate-free and cone-free "shampoo" and conditioner. But whats the difference? Has anyone had any luck using one over the other?

I have type 2C/3A hair depending on the day/what my hair feels like doing. It seems that this might have some bearing on the decision to use one method versus the other, but I'm not sure.

Comments

• Kurlygirly0204Kurlygirly0204 Registered Users Posts: 50
    Hi there girly! I also use the CG method.

No-Poo is a general term meaning two similar things:
    -a cleanser without sulfates (a no-poo cleanser)
    -a hair method using a sulfate free cleanser or no cleanser at all. which leads to…

Co-Washing. It is just more specifically, using a botanical conditioner to wash your hair.

While co-washing, you are also following a no-poo method while doing so.

So to wrap it all up, when you decide to do a No-Poo method on your hair, you can use sulfate free cleansers, or instead of a cleanser, using a botanical conditioner.

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer. It is a very strict hair "diet" but it pays off.
    I have a feeling I didn't answer all your questions, as I only covered the definition of no-poo & co-wash. :( sorry if I wasn't any help.
  • torminatortorminator Registered Users Posts: 4
    I have a feeling I didn't answer all your questions, as I only covered the definition of no-poo & co-wash. :( sorry if I wasn't any help.

Actually I think that helped! So if I understand correctly, they're just slightly different methods, both of which accomplish going No-Poo?

Thank you so much!!
    torminator wrote: »

Actually I think that helped! So if I understand correctly, they're just slightly different methods, both of which accomplish going No-Poo?

Thank you so much!!

Yeah co-wash is a way to accomplish no-poo. And obviously no-poo cleansers accomplice no-poo And your very welcome :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file