We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Help!!!! Need help!

OreoCakester656OreoCakester656 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi,

I am need of help. I used to have 3B curls and I went to salon to get my hair flat ironed, straightened. Ever since then my hair has been like 2A, 2B waves. I have no idea why. Now I don't know what to do with my hair. It frizzes really easily. It's such a big change. Any advice is needed.

Please and thank you!

Before: and After:

Comments

• Wavy7sWavy7s Posts: 66Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My guess is that most of the issues you are experiencing are due to damage from the flat ironing and general dryness. My advice is to consider going sulfate and silicone free, aka Curly Girl (CG), if you aren't already CG. Step away from the flat iron! Because your hair is most likely damaged, you may also benefit from protein. I would suggest you check out the Start Here! sticky for information on CG.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/newbies-info-introductions/97388-start-here.html
    Once you know your hair properties, you may find it helpful to find a "hair twin". This is someone whose hair properties are the same as yours; this is not the same as curl pattern, a 2a could be a hair twin with a 3a, 3b, or 4b. Hair twins can be very helpful in finding products that work with your hair properties.
    2b/c
    Fine, low porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
    Dislikes: Aloe by itself, cheap gels, and heavy butters
    Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
    Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: Curlsmith Oil-in-Cream
    Stylers: CJ Curl Queen, Flaxseed gel, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.
    PT: CJ Repair Me or IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate,
    DT: CJ Rehab and Righteous Roots Hair Rx or Pre-poo oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file