Checking Porosity when Transitioning?

myahjacksonmyahjackson Registered Users Posts: 48
Im transitioning and I want to check my porosity level but does transitioning hair effect my results? If I heard wrong you check porosity by placing a piece of hair in a bowl of water and if the piece of hair floats to the top its low & if it sinks its high... (Or the other way round, I cant remember) Would my straight ends effect the porosity test?

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Im transitioning and I want to check my porosity level but does transitioning hair effect my results? If I heard wrong you check porosity by placing a piece of hair in a bowl of water and if the piece of hair floats to the top its low & if it sinks its high... (Or the other way round, I cant remember) Would my straight ends effect the porosity test?

It could. Chemicals tend to make hair more porous.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • myahjacksonmyahjackson Registered Users Posts: 48
    My hair isn't chemically treated though, I just was straightening it for about 8 months and the ends ended up straight after I washed it.. So now in trying to grow it out
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    My hair isn't chemically treated though, I just was straightening it for about 8 months and the ends ended up straight after I washed it.. So now in trying to grow it out

If your hair doesnt revert then you have broken some bonds and damaged your hair. I think that could affect porosity some but that may depend on how severe heat damage is.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • myahjacksonmyahjackson Registered Users Posts: 48
    Some of it is reverting and some of it is dead straight so i don't know if it will revert back or not but thank you for the info! I appreciate it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file