CurlTalk

Looking for a organic super moisturizing leave-in

Naturally_MeNaturally_Me Posts: 6Registered Users
Hey guys! So I've been revamping my regimen because I have found that my hair needs for moisture! I love KBB sweet ambrosia for my 4a hair but I'm looking for something with a little more moisture, that makes my hair supple, soft & that set angles! I've tried KC knot today & my hair doesn't like it! Any suggestions?!

Comments

• dresdendolldresdendoll Posts: 435Registered Users
    Koils by Nature Shealoe Moisturizing Leave-in is probably the most moisturizing I have ever used, and you really don't need a lot (: It's very expensive, though, at $22 for 12oz.

My favorite, though, is the Beautiful Curls Leave-in. It's light, so you can use a lot without making your hair weighed down and greasy, but it makes the hair so soft and really defined. I could use it to style if I needed to. I use the wavy-curly version, but the curly-kinky one would probably be more moisturizing for thicker, coarser, curlier hair. I use a lot to rinse out right after shampooing, then I blot my hair with a towel and scrunch in about a quarter-sized dollop more of it. Just repurchased today! It was only $12 for 12oz.

HTH!
    2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
    Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
    CG again as of 7/20/12 :laughing5:

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
    RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

:love4: all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
    :pukeright:silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
  • mocha_mommocha_mom Posts: 53Registered Users
    Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    *can be found at Target
    Yes to Carrots/Cucumbers
    *regular organic rinse out conditioners that can be used as leave ins..also found at Target, Walgreens, and CVS
    Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
    *MY staple leave-in and moisturizer..found at Target and Walgreens
    Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    *wondrous leave-in AND rinse out!! Also at Target
    ..I Looove Target

You can also shop CurlMart.com!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    BIG CHOP: 8/4/2010
    COwash, R/O and LIs: Tresemme Naturals, GF Pure Clean, or Sleek n Shine
    Stylers: Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter and PUR Whipped Gelly
    No Poo: L'oreal Evercreme cleansing conditioner, Deva Curl No Poo`
    ...giving CG a try :)
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    Hey guys! So I've been revamping my regimen because I have found that my hair needs for moisture! I love KBB sweet ambrosia for my 4a hair but I'm looking for something with a little more moisture, that makes my hair supple, soft & that set angles! I've tried KC knot today & my hair doesn't like it! Any suggestions?!

Marie Dean products are really rich and moisturizing (there are a ton of products that you could use as a li), as are Komaza. Other lines have some really nice DTs that you could use as a li--CJ, SS, CK, to name a few. KCKT is a detangler, not really very moisturizing.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    I love Aubrey Organic Mandarin Magic moisturizing jelly ( AOMM) Keeps my frizz down and boosts my curl as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • mollyjmollyj Posts: 7Registered Users
    I second the suggestion for beautiful curls leave in! I just bought the one from the babies and up line and the smell is amazing! much better than their wavy to curly, and i haven't smelled the curly to kinky. It's very moisturizing and trluly non toxic. Some products claim to be organic and green, but have synthetic chemicals in them!
  • NaturallycurlsNaturallycurls Posts: 20Registered Users
    Curly Kinks Satin Roots LI is very nice and I love the Twist Whip too!
    CG off and on since 2010-Determined to stick with it 2013
    3C (I think) - Thick, fine, extremely porous
    Cleanse L'Oreal EverCreme
    CO-(Daily)YTC, Suave tea therapy, TN
    RO- Yes to cucumbers color care, L'Oreal reparative or intense smoothing, Tresseme Naturals
    LI- Grapeseed oil
    Stylers- SMCES, KCCC
    Gel- AIA smoothing...still looking

Hair loves protein

I finally realized, its all about "Clumping!:thumright:
  • UhLeashUhUhLeashUh Posts: 25Registered Users
    mocha_mom wrote: »
    Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    *can be found at Target
    Yes to Carrots/Cucumbers
    *regular organic rinse out conditioners that can be used as leave ins..also found at Target, Walgreens, and CVS
    Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
    *MY staple leave-in and moisturizer..found at Target and Walgreens
    Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    *wondrous leave-in AND rinse out!! Also at Target
    ..I Looove Target

You can also shop CurlMart.com!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Thank you for posting where you bought all these! Half the battle, for me, is finding these things. Running around to a million different stores can be exhausting and frustrating!
    Modified CG: 8.1.12
    Hair: 2B/2C, Med Density, Coarse, Short
    Products: L'Oreal EverSleek Conditioner, 365 Herbal Mint shampoo once a week and conditioner 2-3 times a week, Goddess curls gel, LA Looks Curl gel, satin pillowcase, microfiber towel