We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Scissor Happy?

JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
Are any of you ladies scissor happy? When i was washing my hair I only intended to cut about a 1/2" - 1" but ended up cutting about 3"- 4" oops! I probably really needed it but i can't seem to put the scissors down. Every time I wash I'm clipping a little. No wonder my hair seems to stay at one length.

Comments

• GoldenBlazeGoldenBlaze Posts: 342Registered Users
    I was when I first went natural. That's why my hair isn't long. I've done a BC twice. I dyed my hair red and my hair got so damaged that I couldn't comb it AT ALL, so I had my son's barber to shave it off a second time.
  • Annelissa16Annelissa16 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I am. Whenever my hair gets to brastrap, I cut 2-3 inches off. I always promise myself that I will just let it grow, but nope I cut it and get mad at myself.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
  • YltnelisYltnelis Posts: 54Registered Users
    Are any of you ladies scissor happy? When i was washing my hair I only intended to cut about a 1/2" - 1" but ended up cutting about 3"- 4" oops! I probably really needed it but i can't seem to put the scissors down. Every time I wash I'm clipping a little. No wonder my hair seems to stay at one length.

I've never cut off 3" - 4" at a time, but I do clip a little every time I wash. I always seem to get tangles and knots at the ends, no matter how much detangling and shed hair removal I do prior to washing. If I can't get the knot out with conditioner, then I just cut it. I keep my hair in twists, and I don't like that feeling where a few hairs at the end are longer than others due to the difference in growth rate. So I sometimes cut those off as well. I know some people think that's crazy, but I like the look and feel of nice, blunt ends on my twists. So I do clip/trim a lot, but I still see growth. Not as much folks who rarely or never trim of course. I'm always amazed when people say they can go months or a year without a trim. My hair would be a knotted, tangled, scraggly mess if I didn't trim on a regular basis. The only time I wasn't scissor happy was when I had locs.
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Yltnelis wrote: »

I've never cut off 3" - 4" at a time, but I do clip a little every time I wash. I always seem to get tangles and knots at the ends, no matter how much detangling and shed hair removal I do prior to washing. If I can't get the knot out with conditioner, then I just cut it. I keep my hair in twists, and I don't like that feeling where a few hairs at the end are longer than others due to the difference in growth rate. So I sometimes cut those off as well. I know some people think that's crazy, but I like the look and feel of nice, blunt ends on my twists. So I do clip/trim a lot, but I still see growth. Not as much folks who rarely or never trim of course. I'm always amazed when people say they can go months or a year without a trim. My hair would be a knotted, tangled, scraggly mess if I didn't trim on a regular basis. The only time I wasn't scissor happy was when I had locs.

I do the same thing!
  • FabledBeautyFabledBeauty Posts: 145Registered Users
    I wasnt scissor happy till I was about 7 months in and then it felt like my hands literally had a mind of their own... it was awful how addictive clipping was... the only way I could get past it was protective styles like weaves and braids where I COULDNT get to them... Once i even contemplating taking down a relatively new install just so I could indulge in Hand in Hair syndrome... then a few months ago I came across a blog about a woman who only times like once or twice a year.

Ive realized as long as it isnt awful splits... I can deal with a little bit of the random cripsies as I call them.. once I get to my next check point or a little beyond then I will trim for real but since it isnt traveling up my hair shafts.. and im forcing myself to remain in braids to reduce damage from manipulation...:flower: im maintaining LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Getting there slowly but surely!

Natural Since the Beginning of January 2011!:headbang:
    Current: Full Collar Bone
    Texture: 3B/C & 4A
    Goal: APL by New Years 2013 :afro:

See my Natural Journey on Fotki: www.fotki.com/fabledbeauty

Current Favs<3 Taaliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream, Vegetable Glycerin and Pure Argan Oil!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file