Haircut with short layers? Getting haircut in an hour! HELP!

sarahmand22sarahmand22 Posts: 4Registered Users
I posted a similar topic in general discussion, but now that I know what my hair type is, I thought I'd post it here.
I was thinking of getting my haircut like Annalynne Mccord's.
tumblr_m7bl5j7zqS1qft3o4o1_500.jpg

This is me:
dcd6820cd14f11e1a2fe22000a1e8a58_7.jpg
may17.jpg
Do you think that hairstyle would look good? I'm not sure if my hair would curl well if the layers were too short. I know I could always tweak the top layers a little bit with a curling iron. I also wouldn't mind if it was more wavy on top. Maybe it would be more manageable.

Opinions? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Without some natural root curl this cut might require a lot of time and effort to style. I'm a convert to short layers, but you need to be careful about not cutting above where your hair starts to curl- otherwise you could end up with straight pieces.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm seconding the above. I'm currently growing out a super short cut and while my hair will curl to the root it has to be long enough to make the curl in the first place.

Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • sarahmand22sarahmand22 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Well, I just got it cut. The shortest layer just hits the end of my ear. So it isn't too short. I think maybe it's usually so flat because I scrunch it and let it dry without doing anything else. Maybe flipping my hair upside down will give it more body. Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised with the cut and amount of curl. :)
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hooray! I'm glad you love the cut!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • kristen.nickkristen.nick Posts: 37Registered Users
    Can you post a pic? I think you and I have similar hair and I was just wondering if shorter layers might give me more volume.
    Hair: 3A, fine, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves protein, especially keratin! It hates coconut oil and all butters.
    Low-poo: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo, Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo
    Co-wash: Giovanni 50/50 & Smooth as Silk, Tresemme Naturals, NG Pomegranate & Sunflower
    RO: TIGI MM, GVPCB
    LI: KKKT, SM Curl Style Milk
    PT: Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner
    DT: CJ CR
    Styler: CJ CCCL, CJ CIAB, LALSG, LAL Nutra Curl, Biotera Gel, Ecostyler Grip Gel
  • sarahmand22sarahmand22 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Well, I didn't wear my hair curly yet. Today I tried using a round brush to make it straight and this is what happened:
    168bab84d90811e19b0622000a1e8a4f_7.jpg
    Definitely a LOT of volume like that!

I'll try to post a picture with my hair curly tomorrow. I noticed though, that when I got home from getting my hair cut yesterday, it's definitely not the same type of curl on top. Since the layers are so short, it doesn't turn into a ringlet. More like a wave. I would keep that in mind.
  • jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very pretty Sarah! Can't wait to see a curly pic :)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file