any alternatives to curl junkie repair me?

dftkarindftkarin Posts: 56Registered Users
I read these incredible reviews of curl junkie repair me but its $29 for 12 oz and they won't sell samples of just that (they offer sample sets) - and I just can't pay $29 to see if a product will work for me the way it works for others. Are there any budget alternatives to this wonderful stuff? Something available at Sally's or the drug store?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    dftkarin wrote: »
    I read these incredible reviews of curl junkie repair me but its $29 for 12 oz and they won't sell samples of just that (they offer sample sets) - and I just can't pay $29 to see if a product will work for me the way it works for others. Are there any budget alternatives to this wonderful stuff? Something available at Sally's or the drug store?

you can get samples from kathymack -- pm her. her fotki lists what she has and prices. i believe her samples are larger than the curl junkie sample sets and you can get just the product you want.
    also, curl junkie has sample sets -- it may be in one of them but you do have to buy the whole set, which could be a good idea.

and, you can buy repair me, and all curl junkie products on aveyou.com. the code ALLCHIC gives you 20% off, and shipping for total under $50 is $5, for $50 and over it is $1.
    and, you don't need a lot of repair me or any curl junkie product, they are very rich, condensed almost. so a bottle can last a very long time.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    rbb wrote: »
    dftkarin wrote: »

you can get samples from kathymack -- pm her. her fotki lists what she has and prices. i believe her samples are larger than the curl junkie sample sets and you can get just the product you want.
    also, curl junkie has sample sets -- it may be in one of them but you do have to buy the whole set, which could be a good idea.

and, you can buy repair me, and all curl junkie products on aveyou.com. the code ALLCHIC gives you 20% off, and shipping for total under $50 is $5, for $50 and over it is $1.
    and, you don't need a lot of repair me or any curl junkie product, they are very rich, condensed almost. so a bottle can last a very long time.

^^^ everything she said, spot on. I JUST finished my first bottle of repair me and I bought it when she first released it. I was using it as a DC (my hair can handle A LOT of protein) but if youre only using it as a treatment it should last forever. And nothing is like it, its a strong pt, but still conditioning. If you need a good protein treatment theres plenty of other options, but repair me is unique.

If youre looking for a natural protein treatment that will strengthen your hair and make ur curls pop I recommend Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein Treatment.. Or, a just great protein deep conditioner: Aubrey Organics GPB or Algae Mask. hth
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file