CurlTalk

OK, so who recommended the 3 in 1 Clairol mousse??

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Yesterday it was a buck and fifty nine in change at Walgreens. So, I thought "What the heck". bought it. Today my hair is GREAT. And, it is hot and humid here. I hope this product is CG; I think it is. And, I hope my hair holds up all day! But so far, its great, my hair is loopy and shiny. Thanks, Curlfriends!

Comments

• dindleedindlee Posts: 16Registered Users
    I've been using the same mousse for about two weeks. Can we say amazing? No frizz (even through a heat wave) and nice curls. Best stuff I've used and the price is even better!
    Type:3A/3B
    Texture:Medium
    Porosity:low
    Elasticity:Normal
    Still on a hunt for good cleanser/conditioner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a little of this :angel13: and a little of that :evil2:
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users
    Myrna wrote: »
    Yesterday it was a buck and fifty nine in change at Walgreens. So, I thought "What the heck". bought it. Today my hair is GREAT. And, it is hot and humid here. I hope this product is CG; I think it is. And, I hope my hair holds up all day! But so far, its great, my hair is loopy and shiny. Thanks, Curlfriends!
    I bought it too, but have yet to try it.
  • kristen.nickkristen.nick Posts: 37Registered Users
    Is this the same as the Captivating Curls Mousse?
    Hair: 3A, fine, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves protein, especially keratin! It hates coconut oil and all butters.
    Low-poo: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo, Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo
    Co-wash: Giovanni 50/50 & Smooth as Silk, Tresemme Naturals, NG Pomegranate & Sunflower
    RO: TIGI MM, GVPCB
    LI: KKKT, SM Curl Style Milk
    PT: Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner
    DT: CJ CR
    Styler: CJ CCCL, CJ CIAB, LALSG, LAL Nutra Curl, Biotera Gel, Ecostyler Grip Gel
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users
    I have three favorites...the 3-in-1, joiwhip and GVP Paul Mitchell sculpting foam. I'm probably just gonna stick with the first two since they are pretty cheap. :)...I'm going to run to Walgreens later and stock up on the 3-in-1since they were 50% off!!
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    Mmmm I forgot I have a big stash of clairol 3-in-1 in my cupboard. It's not CG but it is great for this hot humid weather. I might try it with some aloe Eco.
    The mousse is CG I think. :flower:

Here are the ingredients:

Water, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Isobutane, Polyquaternium 11, Polyquaternium 4, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Panthenol, PEG 6 Cocamide, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Dimethicone Copolymer, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben

Is the cone water soluble? I believe it is....but will look it up.
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No, I think Captivating Curls is a Suave product - didnt like that one.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users
    That cone makes it non-CG and it doesn't appear to be water soluble, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I freely confess that when I read ingredients while shopping, I just look for the PEG in front of the cone, and call it a day.
    That's alot of polyquats in there, though, and combined with the cone, could mean build up. Everyone is different of course, but it's something to be aware of.
    I used to love, love, love Paul Mitchell's mousse. I haven't used it in ages. Is it still wonderful? :D You're tempting me to try a mousse again. My mom still uses it, I'm pretty sure. She's a 2a, very fine, and very short. She doesn't use anything over it, her hair is so short she doesn't need to. (I tried to get her to use my FSG/gel combo, and she tried it once, and said she got too much definition for her hair type and style; she didn't want her hair to be as "piecy" as it got with the FSG and the gel.) I wonder if I'd get more volume with the mousse? That's the main problem I have with using FSG and gel; I love how I have no frizz, and get great clumps, but I have no volume whatsoever, until 2nd and 3rd day hair, when I have volume from sleeping on it, LOL.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
    My bottle says dimethicone copolyol...which is water soluble.
    I thought that cone was water soluble, could someone please clarify for certain? in any case, it is pretty far down on the list, and I shampoo daily so I dont know if build up is a problem...maybe someone could comment on that too, as it has puzzled me for a long time. Auntie, I gave up on gels, I dont like them. Today I added a little AVG to the 3 in 1, and Ill report on that later. Yesterday, my hair held up all day. It does well with the Deva Foam too, but unless I am massacreing my hair with that cone, it might be worth saving over $25. Then again, the Deva foam does last a long time..have you tried the Deva foam?
    PS dimethecone copolyol is water soluble.
  • JodiRaeJodiRae Posts: 166Registered Users
    So, do you use this mousse alone or with a gel on top of it?
    So far just experimenting with anything and everything!!!!
    I dont use a gel with mousse any more, I used to. Today I used some Aloe Vera gel for additional curl definition and that seems to be working well.
    Lately when I use mousse I just use a leave in and mousse, nothing else...with great results..I'm still amazed. I don't know why I never tried this before.
  • dftkarindftkarin Posts: 56Registered Users
    I couldn't find it at my local Walgreens - I wanted to try it.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Huh. Was this me that recommended it? I love that stuff.

• Mom2lyse20Mom2lyse20 Posts: 60Registered Users
    Hhmmmm....I'm bummed! I tried it out twice already and do not like! Its left my hair stringy, and no volume at all! (My heads a little itchy too) I usually get great volume after I diffuse but nothing! How much of it do u guys put? Maybe I'm putting too much product? Ill keep trying here and there but i ll put it aside for now!
    2C-3A, FINE TEXTURE, NORMAL POROSITY, NORMAL ELASTICITY
    (according to my hair analysis) [thought it was worst!] :blob3: :scratch:

Cowash: Suave Naturals
    RO: Ion Effective Care, GVPCB
    PT/DT: IAGIRL's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
    LI: Cure Care, GVPCB
    Style:EXPERIMENTING STILL!!! Trying: HE mousses,.la sports gel,
    Mixed Chicks, SSCEJ, Ecostyler Krystal, KCCC :dontknow:
    I use about a half dollar size (if you remember half dollars) on each side; and another on the top/back. I tend to be conservative with use of products.
  • Mom2lyse20Mom2lyse20 Posts: 60Registered Users
    Do you apply anything else with it? Like.I always use gel with my mousse. Or do you just do a LI and the 3 in 1? Ill have to try w/out gel before I give up!
    2C-3A, FINE TEXTURE, NORMAL POROSITY, NORMAL ELASTICITY
    (according to my hair analysis) [thought it was worst!] :blob3: :scratch:

Cowash: Suave Naturals
    RO: Ion Effective Care, GVPCB
    PT/DT: IAGIRL's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
    LI: Cure Care, GVPCB
    Style:EXPERIMENTING STILL!!! Trying: HE mousses,.la sports gel,
    Mixed Chicks, SSCEJ, Ecostyler Krystal, KCCC :dontknow:
    like many curlies, I used to layer. Now, I dont. It confuses me and my hair. If I have a bad hair day, how do I know which product it is?? Now, I use mousse alone. Yes, alone, applied after my RO which is also my LI. I dont do any thing else. I rotate this mousse with Deva volumizing foam.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users
    Myrna wrote: »
    I thought that cone was water soluble, could someone please clarify for certain? in any case, it is pretty far down on the list, and I shampoo daily so I dont know if build up is a problem...maybe someone could comment on that too, as it has puzzled me for a long time. Auntie, I gave up on gels, I dont like them. Today I added a little AVG to the 3 in 1, and Ill report on that later. Yesterday, my hair held up all day. It does well with the Deva Foam too, but unless I am massacreing my hair with that cone, it might be worth saving over $25. Then again, the Deva foam does last a long time..have you tried the Deva foam?

Myrna, I'm glad it's water soluble. I'll try it if I can find it :)

I am absolutely anti-Deva, so nope, not willing to try the foam. Esp. not at $25 a pop!
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    When I used to relax my hair it worked great. But that was when I was living in a hot humid environment.

Now I'm CG & natural and living in the cold, it has no effect really.

Maybe I should try with some AVG for curl def

Happy days re cone is water soluble :)
    Yes, I also have had to change my mousse in the colder weather...frustrating, isnt it?