CurlTalk

I made a dressform

TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
I started this project forever ago. But I am so stoked that I finally finished it.

Operation: Up my Sewing Game, is in full force

Dressform

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    That's really cool. And you have a great body! Hope that doesn't sound perverted.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cool!
    Can you pin heavy fabric to it?

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    it doesn't work for me here at my office, Trenell. is it a duct-tape-double?

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    Cool!
    Can you pin heavy fabric to it?

I know it's pinnable. How heavy, I don't know
    rouquinne wrote: »
    it doesn't work for me here at my office, Trenell. is it a duct-tape-double?

:D

It was a plaster cast filled with polyurethane foam.
    I catch my husband looking at the form :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using CurlTalk App
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    That's awesome!

I think that would be cool just to have as a piece of art... Paint or decoupage...
    3c/4a
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Trenell wrote: »
    It was a plaster cast filled with polyurethane foam.

oh, yes, i saw something about that in an article in Threads years ago about DIY dress forms!

:)
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • damsel_flydamsel_fly Posts: 457Registered Users
    Love it. I just might try this.

Dress forms are outrageously expensive where I live.

I like the idea of not connecting the front and back. Just in case I get panicky, it can be quickly cut off.
    damsel_fly wrote: »

I like the idea of not connecting the front and back. Just in case I get panicky, it can be quickly cut off.

Just remember if you opt to put the plaster directly on your skin (I wore a bra and thong)) make sure you put the vaseline everywhere. Every nook and cranny, especially if you are not one for Brazilian waxes :)
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    cool!!!!!! lol @ your husband looking at it...
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • cailincailin Posts: 898Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Trenell wrote: »
    damsel_fly wrote: »

Just remember if you opt to put the plaster directly on your skin (I wore a bra and thong)) make sure you put the vaseline everywhere. Every nook and cranny, especially if you are not one for Brazilian waxes :)

I remember a "Rescue 911" ep where the lady ws trying to make a paster cast of her pregnant belly. She did NOT use vaseline on her skin.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    super cool. the girl that makes some of my belly dance costumes has one of these for herself. i always look at it when i'm in her workspace.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Very cool. Were you able to salvage the underwear after the vaseline coating?
    Very cool. Were you able to salvage the underwear after the vaseline coating?

I probably could have. But the bra and panties were old, and I never wore them