CurlTalk

New to curly hair and Transitioning

MsLeahTurnerMsLeahTurner Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi Some im new to the curly hair and transitioning. I have tried to transition a couple of time in the past but by the third week I get frustrated I am happy to say that I am now on week 4 that's a bid deal to me. For the last five years of my life I have been straightening my hair ten times a month to the point that my hair is just now straight and frizzy when I let it air dry and do nothing to it. Now when I try to wear my hair naturally curly some of my hair is curly and some is straight any advice or tips? And also do you guys have any recommendations for a cheap drugstore silicone free conditioner?

Comments

• CuteKinksCuteKinks Posts: 76Registered Users
    Hello!

If some of your hair remains straight then the only way to remedy that would be to cut it off OR use flexi-rod or some sort of tool to curl it. I actually have a piece of my hair that remains straight and I just let it do its thing lol.

As far as a silicone-free conditioner I believe VO5 Strawberries and Creme is silicone free. I'm sure there are more but this is one that I know of off the top of my head.

CuteKinks
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    This website has a few great tips for transitioning and dealing with the two textures. Check out YouTube as well.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merelymarie.com%2Fcategory%2Fpeek%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup

Tresemme Naturals conditioner is super cheap, moisturizing, and you get a lot of product. I would start with this.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • SweetummsSweetumms Posts: 37Registered Users
    You can do braid, twist, and bantu knot outs to blend the textures. I agree with the other 2 ladies suggestions as well. Suave Naturals is also silicone free.
    3b/c with some 4a in the middle of crown and back, medium to high porosity, frizzy, thirsty hair!