What finally works for me!

BabyCurlsNowBabyCurlsNow Posts: 2Registered Users
I have to say that after a lifetime of spending an enormous amt of money on styling products, I have finally found a group of items that work for my hair! I have 3A, baby-fine, semi-permanent color-treated hair which has always presented a major headache in my daily routine. I spent most of my life trying to straighten it.............I even fell victim to the old idea of the salon's request to try a perm using the biggest rods available to try and tame and relax my curls........what a HORRIBLE mistake that was! I ended up with frizzy curls that were tighter than your imagination could fathom! Thankfully, hair grows out!! To try and style my hair was always a challenge until I found a large-barreled, round hot air brush. It took years to master, but in time I was able to achieve success and always received positive comments from stylists like, "Wow! What do you use to get your curly hair so shiny and full of body?" Although, NO stylist has ever been able to come close and has always said, "Well, I'm sure you'll be able to do a much better job at home!" I have tried many products to allow my natural curls "run free" and nothing has ever achieved the fantastic results as the following: Costco's Kirkland Signature Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner, Loreal's EverStyle Volume Boosting Mousse and Loreal's EverStyle Strong Hold Styling Spray. Finally, a winning combination! My routine? Due to the fact that I also tend to have an oily scalp, I have to shampoo daily (yes, I've tried dry shampoos and everything else under the sun to no avail!). First, let me say that I was very skeptical about the shampoo and conditioner. Within a week my hair stopped breaking off, my scalp didn't itch and the shine came through! After showering, I use a wide-toothed comb, followed by applying the mousse. I then scrunch my shoulder-length hair. This is followed by using my round hot air brush on my bangs, then a diffuser on the rest of my hair which is left curly. Once dry, I gently pull on the ends of my hair (my hair is layered) and finger comb the roots for body. Then a light spritz of the styling spray on my bangs and I'm done! The results are soft, shiny curls that STAY that way. I have received more compliments on my hair than EVER before!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file