CurlTalk

Living Proof

Netters272Netters272 Posts: 40Registered Users
I havent been here in eons but had to stop back to tell you all after 1000s and I mean 1000s of trials and dollars and... you get the pic

I found living proof NO FRIZZ styling creme and styling spray.. (also the conditioner but not so right for me)

I have been using for two weeks and my frizz is HISTORY..
The conditioner was great but it has wheat protein and my hair goes alittle fluffy... - I hated the shampoo, it made my hair feel like grass

So I use kinky curly shampoo, any conditioner really and slather on the no frizz styling creme and spray.. THE SPRAY can be used on dry hair and NEVER flattens or makes it look greasy..

MY HAIR WAS LIKE silk EVEN after blow drying!!

JUST MY two cents, after crying over frizzy hair..I think ive found my rainbow..

jnet

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    Netters this is very interesting! I wanted to try LP but after reading reviews I was afraid because some people said it totally dried out their hair.

What was your hair like before? What type, porosity, etc.? Can you give an update?

Thanks so much for posting. I may feel bold enough to try this after this.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Netters272Netters272 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Type.. I never got an analysis sooo
    it is VERY thick... 3b curls and VERY dry.. everytime I washed it or dried it it became frizzy... and then stringy...

THIS took away the frizz in one try.. I WAS OPEN MOUTH agape!!.. like I said, didnt love the shampoo but I truly think if you are going to try anything.. it should be the creme... and dont be stingy.. I KNOW it is expensive but not as much as all the products

I have experienced NO dryness.. my hair actually feels SOFT.. I mean a true difference just in this short time..

if you buy it from Ulta.. it is money back - buying it from the store is even better.. no questions asked..

PS I use it when I want to straighten or go curly

j
    As you continue to use it, please post back and let us know if your hair is getting dried out or is staying nice and soft. Thanks! :thumbright:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • CappuccinoCurlsCappuccinoCurls Posts: 19Registered Users
    Interesting...I got the "trial" kit from ULTA and my hair GREW. Maybe it was the conditioner that did it. I never gave the frizz free lotion a shot on its own.
    Current routine:
    DEVA No Poo, as a shampoo and conditioner in one (can be used on dry hair to remove build up, then wet hair and complete washing process).

DEVA One Conditioner or TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner as a co-wash (1 - 2X a week)

DEVA light gel & volumizing mousse on very wet hair, scrunch with a microfiber towel

Diffuse with duck clips

HAIR STATS

*3a

*Low porosity
    *Low hair density
    *Fine hair, but lots of it
    Im thinking that is why my hair got big too.. It was still not frizzy but larger..
    I dont know if im keeping the conditioner but i love the styling creme and the styling spray..

I just had a blow out done free at ulta and my hair looks and feels amazing.. And im sure it was the stylist but my hair was incredible.. Straight with a bit of wave and it really does stay clean for a long time.. Last week i actually went 5 days and it never looked greasy..

I hope you have the same outcome as i did... Will continue to keep up to date

J
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't experimented with anything new in a long time and this caught my eye. I think I'll go look for some samples and try it just for fun.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    Jeepy, great! Be our guinea pig (you know I love ya!). :love5:Please post back and tell us how it goes. If it works for you over a couple of weeks, I'll try it.

Right now I'm pretty desperate - I can get good looking hair for one day - or part of the day until the humidity attacks me.
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users
    Is it the Wave shaping curl defining cream or the nourishing styling cream?
    Nourishing .. At ulta the store they didnt have any curl or wave things in the no frizz like i see online

Jury still out on the conditioner but so far really like creme and spray.. The reduction in frizz is dramatic.. Hopefully it doesnt dry like some have said..i will continue to update

I get it from ulta cause you can return..i hate buying something and being stuck

J
    Still bidding of some of these products on Ebay but jeez they sell for more than I will pay for hair products! Will let you know if I get any!
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i never tried living proof, altho i am curious about it.
    i believe sephora sells living proof and they usually have samples, altho you have to ask for them.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    I emailed the company and they are sending me some samples...yay!
    Aveyou.com carries these products and they always have a discount code. They also have some sample packs and two ounce size bottles..lstill not cheap but reasonable with a discount code.
    i never even thought to look for them in aveyou.com. i might order some samples along with my next regular order. thanks!

styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I loved the LP curl/wave cream! I repurchased regularly for the past couple of years. Then when I ran out of my last one, I didn't reorder for some reason.

Do you know of any aveyou.com codes that are valid now? I am trying not to have to spend $100, which is one code I saw that works.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    "ALLCHIC" will give you 20% off any amount.

rbb wrote: »
    "ALLCHIC" will give you 20% off any amount.

Last time I tried that coupon it said it was invalid :(.
    :-(

ok, then there is GIVEME15 for $15 off of $75 and more.

or,

can't find the one that was for orders of $50 or more. ????

i've been using AVEYOU25 for $25 off $100+

anyone know any others?

SPIRALLI - what is the exact name of the LP you were using? they have 61 products to choose from !! LOL!

Please continue posting with your experiences. I would be openmouthed with astonishment if this actually works and doesn't dry our hair.

If I wear my hair curly, I can get nice curls for one day - can't ever get 2nd day, so sometimes I give up and do a roller set. It doesn't look nearly as good and it is aging, but my hair looks neater and it lasts a good 4 days. I just don't have time to wet my hair, style, and dry it every day - also I think wetting it every day is drying also.

Definitely, I am going to try this LP if you guys say it continues to work and not dry your hair!
    I recall now that I tried a sample of this way back and liked it. I wonder why I didn't buy it. I'm going to try again. I hope it doesn't dry out my hair!
    Ok, I won a Try Me kit on ebay so as soon as I get it and try it out I'll let you all know how it works for me.
    ^^ Great! I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes :p

I like how I look in curls better than straight or roller set so I am hoping this will work and I can wear my hair curly for a few days in a row without it looking like I stuck my finger in the light socket.
    Thanks for the other codes -- ALLCHIC didn't work for me either, so I was bummed!

Wow, I just went to the LP website and I see that they don't sell the curl cream that I used to use. I think I'd read something about them combining/changing products. The one that I used to use had words in the label like "Wave Shaping Curl Defining No Frizz Styling Cream for medium to thick hair". Not a catchy name, for sure. Now I see that that product is not sold at Sephora anymore, and on the LP site the closest product now might be "nourishing styling cream".

When I used the original cream, I used it maybe 2-3 days in a row when I first got hot on it, but typically used it maybe 1x per week or when I just didn't feel like using a gel that day.

Someone on here once posted that you can try making your own curl cream by combining your fave gel with your fave conditioner, but I never tried that -- didn't sound like it would work for me.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    Spiralli, I noticed that too. I had only tried a sample once and liked it, but didn't follow up. When I looked on their website, what I had tried was gone.

Last night I emailed LP asking what products I should use on my medium thick, curly hair which is damaged from dyeing it. I think they only respond M-F.

I'll keep watching this thread to see what's happening with everyone. Please keep posting. :flower:
    Spiralli wrote: »
    Thanks for the other codes -- ALLCHIC didn't work for me either, so I was bummed!

Wow, I just went to the LP website and I see that they don't sell the curl cream that I used to use. I think I'd read something about them combining/changing products. The one that I used to use had words in the label like "Wave Shaping Curl Defining No Frizz Styling Cream for medium to thick hair". Not a catchy name, for sure. Now I see that that product is not sold at Sephora anymore, and on the LP site the closest product now might be "nourishing styling cream".

When I used the original cream, I used it maybe 2-3 days in a row when I first got hot on it, but typically used it maybe 1x per week or when I just didn't feel like using a gel that day.

Someone on here once posted that you can try making your own curl cream by combining your fave gel with your fave conditioner, but I never tried that -- didn't sound like it would work for me.

Aveyou has the 2 oz of this.
    curlypearl,
    I wash or wet my hair every day so I won't be any help letting you know about 2nd day hair.
    But I can't wait to get my kit and play!
    I got the Frizz shampoo, conditioner, styling treatment, styling cream, and styling spray.
    Aveyou has the 2 oz of this.

That is the one I used previously. I may call LP to ask for a sample of the new styling cream, just for kicks.
    OK Jeepy, thanks for letting me know. I'll just have to take the plunge myself.
  • CurlyMJCurlyMJ Posts: 193Registered Users
    Hi guys - I got the nourishing styling cream as part of a monthly subscription but was scared to try it until I read this post. So I tried it yesterday and my hair has been AMAZING!!! It had so much body, volume, bounce, root lift and gave be better and longer lasting curl definition than any cream I have tried (given I've only tried a few).

Normally I use KCKT as my leave in and then either KCCC or BRHG and I get pretty good curl and hold but not as much volume as I'd like. I've tried CCCCLite but it did nothing for me. Didn't give me too much curl definition and by second day my hair was kinda limp. Also it didn't give me any volume.

The LP nourishing styling cream is perfect for me and I'm so glad I read this thread! As for my routine, I used DevaCurl no poo, Vo5 RO with hair upside down. KCKT leave in, then plopped for like 5 minutes to absorb some water, then flipped my head up straight and scrunched in the LP nourishing cream. I find that putting product in slightly damp instead of dripping wet hair gives me more volume and root lift.

Looking forward to reading others experiences!
  • LindseyLoo003LindseyLoo003 Posts: 120Registered Users
    Is this cg?

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App