got to be pomade?

kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
Water , PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Isopropyl Myristate , Oleth-10 , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , Oleth-20 , Fragrance , Buteth-3 , Tributyl Citrate , Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Methylisothiazolinone , Linalool , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Geraniol , Limonene , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Citral , Coumarin , CI 77019 (Mica) , CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) , CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) , CI 19140 (Yellow 5) , CI 17200 (Red 33)

CG? Looking for a pomade thats CG for my updos. I need to just be able to get it from the store and something under 10$.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
started CG on 6/25/12. :duckie:
  • 2c with a strait underneath
  • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
  • Fine side of Normal
  • Thick hair
  • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.

Comments

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yup, that's CG. If it's the got2b playful pomade, I have a jar of it, and use it every so often. Smells like vanilla cake. Gotta watch the amount or it leaves my hair feeling producty. For the price, it's worth a try. You won't be out a ton of money if it doesn't work.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
    actually it was for the defiant shine one, but i'll look at giving the playful one a try. Guess it really depends on which one I can find in town. And if I don't like it i'll just give it to my bf. he's been rocking a pompadour lately and is himself on the hunt for the right pomade. We both have a natural curl, but entirely different hair properties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sort of off topic, but lay rite pomade was recommended to me here on this site, it's specifically made for pompadours, your bf may want to try it. I liked it, don't love it and it is still in my stash to revisit.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    perhaps i'll pick him up some. thanks for the tip. :) is it a drugstore/walmart brand or sally's? or would i have to order it offline?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's online. If you Google lay rite pomade it should get you there. The company name is Hawleywoods or something like that. When I got mine a few weeks ago they were offering free shipping if you buy two items, don't know if it is still being offered (and I just opted for 2 of the small jars, it worked out cheaper than the large one plus shipping...less product though)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    lol. I actually pinned hawleywoods pomade to my pinterest page to get as a present for my boyfriend a few weeks back. lol. Just another push for me to spend the money I suppose. thanks for the suggestion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file