CurlTalk

How to style a twist out???

GmoGmo Posts: 47Registered Users
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with my hair after I take the twists out and try to wear a twist out for a few days. I just did it for the second time a few days ago and it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. It looked fine initially but then when I wet my hair and added some product to it, it lost the big kinky curly thing it had going on. So are you not supposed to get a twist wet period??? Or what?? I liked the way it looked.....but it was too wild and needed some taming so that's why I tried to add a little curling puddy but when I did it lost the twist out look and just looked like a normal curly do, maybe just a little fuller. So what do you all do to your when it's in the twist out phase?? Do you put anything at all on it??? Also, should I avoid gettting my hair wet at all when I'm in the shower??

Comments

• ticktockticktock Posts: 12Registered Users
    When I wear a twist out I don't add any products until the evening when I either pineapple or retwist my hair. If it does get wet it's not a big deal but I don't recommend soaking it if you want it to last.
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    I'll apply a water based moisturizer as needed, usually at night. I will also retwist face-framing sections so that the shape of the twist out stays the same.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • berri_cherriberri_cherri Posts: 91Registered Users
    I like to give myself 2 flat twist in the center or I use a sccunchi head band and just wear it as is.
    I have also pulled hair back with a clip and wore as is...Look @ my siggy, though.
    Hair type:
    4A/4B(coarse, very thick, dry, and curly)
    Big chop 3/27/12
    Hair styling products: Shea Moisture(yellow line shampoo n restorative conditioner)
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftastyberri.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

Density: High
    porosity: :D Definitely LOW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]