CurlTalk

Magic Kinder/Kinder Surprise Eggs

M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
Anyone know where I can find these in the states? There is an online site that has them, but they are out of stock...or I can order them from Amazon.

There HAS to be an easier way.

BTW, anyone know what I am talking about? LOL.
:rambo:

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    OMG, I LOVED those!!!!!!

I have no idea where to get them in the states. Thanks for the flashback though. :D
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    I don't know where to find them, but I love these! They bring me back to my childhood and my teenage years when I used to live in Germany. Sorry I can't help though.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find these in the states? There is an online site that has them, but they are out of stock...or I can order them from Amazon.

HEY NOW. Wikipedia says they're banned in the US! /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FKinder_Egg" class="Popup
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    Wow, it's a miracle us European kids ever made it to adulthood with all these dangerous candy our parents recklessly gave us. :roll:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    PartyHair wrote:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

HEY NOW. Wikipedia says they're banned in the US! /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FKinder_Egg" class="Popup

Oh! Come on! :evil: What happened to supervising your child? My mom gave me those all the time when I was little, and I'm still here!
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
    Don't shoot the messenger, kids. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    Banned! Oh, that's sweet.

MIL sends them to us. Guess I'll have S put her helmet on before I let her handle one.
  • Night OwlNight Owl Posts: 26Registered Users
    Yes I know what you're talking about. My husband brought our daughter some back when he was in Germany and Italy. There is a website that sells them. It might be the one that you said is out of stock. This one is minosimports.com. I thought about buying some after hubby brought them home but the shipping is quite expensive.
    CGNYC wrote:
    MIL sends them to us. Guess I'll have S put her helmet on before I let her handle one.

:lol: Safety first, B. Safety first.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    Yeah, I read about them being banned. Hubby's aunt who was stationed in Japan for a while brought some home with her, and we got some for Christmas. I have the little toys on my desk at work, and I LOVE them. They are so cute, and it's just enough chocolate to satisfy a craving, LOL.

Toys AND chocolate? What more could a girl ask for? :wink:

NightOwl, I will check out that website, but I don't believe it's the one I was looking at.

You can buy a case of them from Amazon.com, but I really don't want 72 of those things, LOL.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    J~
    How many do you need/want?
    I can't believe I'm even considering this...

:lol:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

J~

Shouldn't you have asked this in a PM? You don't want a public record of illegal activity, do you? :lol:
    J~

Considering what? LOL

I don't know...maybe 5.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Those look like those Disney Magic Ball things.
    Y'all are too much!
    I thought you might want half or so.
    I've got some good ideas on the rest for moi...well, not, me per se...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

Y'all are too much!

Ah, I see what you mean.

Hmm...36 of them...I might be able to deal with that, LOL.
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    Y'all are too much!

Ah, I see what you mean.

Hmm...36 of them...I might be able to deal with that, LOL.
    Or 5 or whatever works for you.
    I'm sure I can make use of the others.
    How about I get them & send you whatever? :)
    I'm giddy all of a sudden...

0004.gif

0004.gif

Cool!!!

I just might have to order the 24 count.

Wile, have you tried them?

I have to admit, I LOVE the little toys. LOL.

HOLY ****. They want to ship next day air and it's $60. Since it's perishable.

Should I tell them I don't give a crap about the chocolate, I just want the toys? LOL.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I think they sell Kinder products in Latin America too, my roommate from Ecuador had some in our pantry as I recall.

You know, I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that the rest of the world enjoys better candy than we do... :?
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    M2LR & Co. wrote:

Cool!!!

I just might have to order the 24 count.

Wile, have you tried them?

I have to admit, I LOVE the little toys. LOL.
    No I have not...
    Now I'm afraid...lol
    Do they have Wile E?

:wink:
    0004.gif

iris427 wrote:
    I think they sell Kinder products in Latin America too, my roommate from Ecuador had some in our pantry as I recall.

You know, I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that the rest of the world enjoys better candy than we do... :?

Dood.

Nutella. Never would have discovered it, or tried it had I not started watching Italian cooking shows on FoodTV.

That is all.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    What? BANNED?! That's why I only got these in Germany and Canada? Jeez, people, watch your kids and let the rest of us have chocolate and toys.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,772Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    What kind of Country bans kinder eggs :roll:

I'd be more than willing to ship them down there for a small favor :twisted:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    my friends dad brings them back from germany. i had a few and the chocolate is yummy.
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    M2LR: do you live anywhere near Oakland/SF? I could swear that I've seen Kinder Eggs at more than one gourmet-type place. I currently live in Boston, and there's a place here that sells them.

I didn't know they were banned! But this explains it (from the Wikipedia entry):
    There are some stores in the United States that sell genuine Kinder Eggs, often in conjunction with other imported British or other European sweets, although their importation is technically illegal due to the FDA ban.
    In search of a lost signature...
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I get them when I go to Switzerland for business. My nephew loves them. I have a couple of toys on my windowsill here at work! The chocolate is even pretty good. Well, the Swiss know their chocolate, that is for sure.

I have seen them in the US at an Italian deli that sells imported products.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Kinder eggs are banned? Man, America's wierd!

Guns = OK
    Kinder eggs = bad
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    curlylaura wrote:

Guns = OK
    Kinder eggs = bad

Well, we worry a lot about kid's toys that could pose a choking hazard, and both the inside capsule and the parts of the toy could certainly choke a child.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    SuZen wrote:
    curlylaura wrote:

Guns = OK
    Kinder eggs = bad

Well, we worry a lot about kid's toys that could pose a choking hazard, and both the inside capsule and the parts of the toy could certainly choke a child.

Supervise the kids.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.