CurlTalk

eyelash dye?

goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
Have you ever had your eyelashes dyed at a salon or been brave enough to do it yourself at home?

What were the results? Pros? Cons? What did dye did you use? Applicator?

Comments

• claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    I had it done professionally for years. It looked very nice at first, but it faded fast.

I think that if you have very long lashes, it looks great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I've done it myself many times...with a deposit-only type of hair color (Robert Craig), not the fume-y kind with peroxide.

It works, but it does fade very fast. It's also dangerous, so you have to be very, very careful not to get it in your eyes.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    My eyelashes are blond and translucent at the ends so I am going to try this:

Amazon.com: Godefroy 28 Day Mascara Black Permanent Eyelash Tint Kit Contains 25 Applications: Beauty
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Please be extremely careful!!! Why not just use mascara?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Please be extremely careful!!! Why not just use mascara?

Because I cannot figure out how to apply it to the BACK of my eyelashes so when I blink, my eyelashes are blond where there's no mascara. And I'm lazy. I would rather not wear makeup every day. I wear concealer to cover eczema scars on my face when I go to work because they are bright pink/red scars that look like burn scars. I never wear makeup on the weekend no matter where I am going. I think dark permanent lashes would be pretty and make my dark blue eyes pop.

I have the stuff to do it, but haven't felt like it since it arrived from Amazon. Darn summer cold! When I do it, I will post before and after pics and tell you how it went. I can only do one at a time so I may post a shot of one done and one not done ;-)
    My eyebrows completely fell out so for a while I had them tattooed on, so I understand when something totally doesn't show up.

Recently I found something I can use instead of tattoo (but that's another thread LOL).

I had a friend who got her lashes dyed professionally and she was happy with the results. Would you consider that?

Anyway, good luck with it!
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    I thought about going to a salon to have it done but I am a control freak. I don't like the way salons cut my hair or color it; I like it better when I do it myself. Plus I will be doing only one eye at a time, so I can see what I am doing. I will abort the mission if anything seems off at all, especially stinging of eyes! I will settle for a bad or no dying at all if I have to rinse quickly. I don't feel comfortable doing that in a salon. Will they rinse me the second I say to, or will I have to throw a fit? I just don't trust them. They've messed up my hair too many times. My eyes will NOT grow back!
    I understand. Salons have messed up my hair dye so many times I gave up and I do it myself. :salut:
    I got everything ready, all the supplies, etc., but couldn't get the goofy under the eye pads to stay in place. My hand was shaky so I gave up. I was afraid I'd end up with dye everywhere except my lashes! So I caved today and made an appointment for Friday evening to have them done at a nice spa near my office. I'll post pics before and after.

Stupid shaky hand.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    I had my very blonde lashes tinted for a while. I liked the look, but still needed mascara to thicken them. Then after a few months, I developed a sensitivity to the tint that was used and had red eyes for several days. Now I use latisse. It's a prescription eyelash lengthener. It doesn't really darken them much, but they're very long and look great with mascara. Good luck on Friday with your lash tint appt!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I had my eyelashes tinted this evening! It was actually a very relaxing process at a spa near my office. The lady had me lie on a massage table in a softly lit room with nice music and then she dyed the silly blond eyelashes BLACK. The tint only makes them darker, not fuller, thicker, or longer like mascara. But I really love the way they look! Now that the roots are black, I bet if i wear mascara, they will look awesome! How excited can I be about black eyelashes? I mean really? Oh yeah! A lot! :happy2:
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    Looks great, goldencurly!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC