gel nail polish

boing!boing! Posts: 45Registered Users
hey everyone,

how long does your gel manicure last? i got a french mani and it's been a week and i've already had to cut off 5 nails because of chipping and breakage. the manicurist said my nails are strong, but when the gel peels off, so does my nail.

i do a lot of cashiering at a retail job, so i'm sure it's from handling money and bagging up purchases but the lady at the salon told me it would last 2 weeks even with my job. it was expensive and i'm not sure i want to do it again. i hear i have to pay another $15 just to get it removed.

any suggestions/comments?
3b ringlets. fine texture. normal everything.

No poo: L'Oreal Eversleek Reparitive, Free Spirit Botanicals shampoo bars
Low poo: Tresemme Naturals
Condish: YTC, Tresemme Naturals, L'Oreal Eversleek Reparitive, Down Under Naturals Hypo-Allergenic, Suave Coconut
Styling products: HEMSU gel, Tresemme Bouncing Curls gel

Comments

• NotsoKinkyNotsoKinky Posts: 53Registered Users
    As a cashier it wouldn't really work to well. If u weren't dealing with your hands so much then it would last. I got gel for the first time last week and 3 days later they were peeling off. I'm a bartender so I guess that's why. But it doesn't last long.
  • boing!boing! Posts: 45Registered Users
    NotsoKinky wrote: »
    As a cashier it wouldn't really work to well. If u weren't dealing with your hands so much then it would last. I got gel for the first time last week and 3 days later they were peeling off. I'm a bartender so I guess that's why. But it doesn't last long.

sadface!

Condish: YTC, Tresemme Naturals, L'Oreal Eversleek Reparitive, Down Under Naturals Hypo-Allergenic, Suave Coconut
  • fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
    I use the Gellish at-home gel manicure system. I have only used it once, but my nails lasted without chipping for about 2 weeks, and about 4 weeks slightly chipped.

The only peeling was when I actively peeled the polish. It really didn't start to peel by itself.
    6203750_bodyshot_175x233.gif
  • boing!boing! Posts: 45Registered Users
    fpmonkee11 wrote: »
    I use the Gellish at-home gel manicure system. I have only used it once, but my nails lasted without chipping for about 2 weeks, and about 4 weeks slightly chipped.

The only peeling was when I actively peeled the polish. It really didn't start to peel by itself.

do you have a UV lamp at home? and if so, where did you get it?

• fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
    boing! wrote: »
    fpmonkee11 wrote: »

do you have a UV lamp at home? and if so, where did you get it?

I do! I got it from Sally Beauty Supply. I got the big one too, that you can fit your whole hand in. I believe it was about $60-70.
    6203750_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file