CurlTalk

The dreaded triangle. Help!!!

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
Lately, my hair has been too flat on top and triangling out. Do I need a haircut? A different drying method? I have never mastered clipping properly. Should I go to Deva not for a cut but just to see how they do it?

Help!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• lexcoupelexcoupe Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'm having the same problem. I guessed it was time for a cut. I have an appointment for my 2nd diva cut on Friday.

Would love another option though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
    - Lexcoupe

Hair type 3C/4A
    Last Relaxer – 10/10
    BC – 5/1/11
    Porosity- Normal to High
    Currently:toothy5:
    Co-Wash - TN, AM
    Poo - SM MR
    LI - Giovanni SAS; Almost anything Curl Junkie
    Styler – And even more Curl Junkie; Mixed Chicks
    Gelly - Umm, did I mention Curl Junkie?
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you could go for a consult, see what they suggest.

in my experience, the triangle meant i needed layers.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks very much RBB and LexCoupe. I am trying to grow my hair but I think layers are probably the answer. I had it cut last at Takamichi by Cristin. She fixed an awful cut that I had given myself (what on earth was I thinking?). I think I will have to go back.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd agree with rbb, my hair is always flat on top (given up the fight there!) and if I don't have some layers I get the triangle.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Curlypearl--I am also getting the triangle look lately and having borderline bad hair days so I think it is time for a haircut. I also do think the problem is caused by the layers being too long. When did you get your last haircut? Mine was about 3 months ago. In the meantime, I have been using the metal clips (like the small ones they use at Devachan) with gel on them and placing them like clothes pins upright around the crown. I have even been twirling my hair on the sides and clipping the sides horizontally to get more width. I really should get a haircut soon and probably you need to do the same. Hair grows so fast in the summer!HTH!
    Thanks for chiming in Starmie. :thumright: I guess I have to bite the bullet.

Curlswirl, you are right - it's been about 3 months for me. I definitely need more layers. The description of how you use clips is great! I'll have to try that. I'm so clip-challenged. Thanks for input!

Everyone - sending you :icescream: for responding.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I know you live in the same "climate" as I do. I always need more layers in the summer. I get my hair cut every 6 weeks, Got it cut last week--the previous cut, my stylist looked at me when I walked in and commented the it was time for more layers. That was probably around Memorial Day.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes Kathymack, clearly I need more layers in summer. I just got it cut - terrific! I went back to Cristin at Takamichi. It looks 100% better. Problem solved. :blob2:
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    Glad it worked for you!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Are you still using KCCC? That stuff makes my hair flat on top. I highly recommend going to Devachan. I loved going there. I just found a "curly girl" stylist here in San Diego and I can't wait to make an appointment. But I'm also tempted to drive to LA, to go to the new Devachan.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10: