Need a little reassurance ( work related)

violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
HI,
I need you girls to tell me what you think of this... I went on an interview and the person in the end said they were looking for people more aggressive and that I didn't get that impression. I think everything else went well.

I got an email that I'm copy and pasting below. They do say in their email that they are "impressed with my qualifications". My question is, they wouldn't JUST say that right? Do you think they really mean it? I know everything else seems pretty standard. I mean I didn't get the job after all, I just need some reassurance that maybe it was just the personality issue like they said and NOT that I was not otherwise not qualified for the job.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for applying for the consulting position at PPT Consulting. Frank enjoyed meeting you and was very impressed with your qualifications. At this time we have decided to pursue other candidates who we feel are best suited for the position, but we will keep your information on file for any future opportunities that may arise.

We appreciate your interest in PPT Consulting and we wish you the best of luck with your career search.

Sincerely,

Sage

Comments

• slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    They put "impressed with your qualifications" on a lot of canned responses to interviewees (I've seen it quite a bit in my time interviewing). Many companies just have a copy of that letter on file and fill in new names each time they reject somebody. But, maybe they put that phrase in the letter because they won't interview you unless they are impressed with your qualifications.

Different places want different kinds of people...even for jobs that are exactly the same. You'll find a fit eventually.

If you are worried about not having a strong enough presence, the Women For Hire book/dvd stuff deals with that.

Best of luck!
    ;)
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    I think if it was more than a personality issue, they would have said so: "We're looking for someone with more experience, who's bilingual, etc." Otherwise, I would assume you're qualifications for the job weren't an issue.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    It probably wasn't a good fit. Potential employers look at much more than qualifications. They're looking at you as a potential employee and how you will fit into the company culture. Oops. Just noticed another poster wrote the same thing.

I don't think it was your qualifications, though or most likely they wouldn't have called you in.
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote:
    I don't think it was your qualifications, though or most likely they wouldn't have called you in.

Sweet, thanks I needed that.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    violets wrote:
    medussa wrote:

Sweet, thanks I needed that.

I totally agree! They brought you in for an interview so obviously you had all the qualifications they needed on paper. They just felt that it wasn't a good fit personality-wise.

And I think it was really cool that they were straight with you about that.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Resume WriterResume Writer Posts: 645Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    And I think it was really cool that they were straight with you about that.

I agree. Many companies won't offer a reason, so I think this is helpful. A better position awaits . . . :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file