Working out while pregnant....

EbonyEyes78EbonyEyes78 Registered Users Posts: 50
Hello!

I'm 4 months pregnant and just started working out. I was a gym rat before I became pregnant and I have just found the energy to go back. Is there anyone else out there pregnant and still getting it in at the gym?

๐Ÿ˜œ

Comments

• sarstangsarstang Registered Users Posts: 37
    I'm not currently pregnant, but I do have a nine month old. (and a 4 yr old)

I worked out during both pregnancies. You will hit a point where you just need to slow down.

Listen to your body but do stay active. It's the best thing you can do for your little one.
  • EbonyEyes78EbonyEyes78 Registered Users Posts: 50
    I'm not currently pregnant, but I do have a nine month old. (and a 4 yr old)

I worked out during both pregnancies. You will hit a point where you just need to slow down.

Listen to your body but do stay active. It's the best thing you can do for your little one.

Thank you!
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    I loved prenatal yoga when I was pregnant. I highly recommend it for all pregnant women.

I also did lots of walking and swimming. You'll see yourself start to slow down and just follow your body. It will tell you when to take it easy, so listen to it :)

Congrats on the pregnancy!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    goldy wrote: ยป
    I loved prenatal yoga when I was pregnant. I highly recommend it for all pregnant women.

I also did lots of walking and swimming. You'll see yourself start to slow down and just follow your body. It will tell you when to take it easy, so listen to it :)

Congrats on the pregnancy!
    Thank you!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I worked out with my first pregnancy even with restrictions. I was banned from running or any impact stuff because of partial placenta previa but I was still able to bike, walk fast at an incline, elliptical runner and lift weights. I think I finally gave it up 3 weeks before my due date...and floated in the pool. LOL..
    I worked out with my first pregnancy even with restrictions. I was banned from running or any impact stuff because of partial placenta previa but I was still able to bike, walk fast at an incline, elliptical runner and lift weights. I think I finally gave it up 3 weeks before my due date...and floated in the pool. LOL..

I didn't work out during my first trimester, I was a little afraid because I had a mc in January and was just being overly careful. But once I hit 4 months I begin to go back. Treadmill or elliptical and light weights. I always feel really great after.
  • curlylauracurlylaura UKRegistered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    As long as your health care providers say its ok go for it. As always, just listen to your body it knows what it can and can't do.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file