CurlTalk

Help testing apps

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
Ladies, I would really appreciate your help testing our apps.

I need both iPhone and Android users to test both the CurlTalk app and our Curls on the Go app.

CurlTalk app: Please make a post and try to upload an image. Let me know what happens when you do that.

Curls on the Go app: Please launch and see if you can navigate around and "do things".

Please report back here on this thread, and please be sure to indicate if you're on iPhone or Android.

Thanks so much, curlies!

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    I just tried to upload a pic and received a message that states, mobile upload failed because the database server is currently unavailable.

I also tried to access the curls to go app but I get a message that states, response is not a JSON string, then it opens and just shows computer code.

I have an iPhone 4.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thank you, juanab. I got the same thing.

Hoping some others will help us test!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Both aps died on my Iphone so I deleted and reinstalled Curl Talk. I tried to load photo and it said problem with server.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Android use here. I tried uploading a picture and it failed. I first tried using the "tapatalk hosted" option and it failed because the server was unavailable. I then tried using the "forum hosted" option and it said the gif had the wrong extension :scratch:
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    juanab wrote: »
    I just tried to upload a pic and received a message that states, mobile upload failed because the database server is currently unavailable.

I also tried to access the curls to go app but I get a message that states, response is not a JSON string, then it opens and just shows computer code.

I have an iPhone 4.

This. I'm using the 4S

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Jpop825Jpop825 Posts: 169Registered Users
    iPhone 4 iOS 5

Error (as stated above) uploading pics in curl talk app

Curls on the go just started working again today

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Curls on the Go is now working for me, but I still cannot upload pics on Curl Talk.

iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1

co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)

event.png
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thank you, ladies. Very helpful. They think they have the iPhone Curls on the Go fixed, and will work on the other one.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    Let's see.

Nope. Database server unavailable. :(

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4s using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    juanab wrote: »

I have an iPhone 4.

This. I'm using the 4S

I got same error on photo upload. iPhone 4s
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Mobile upload failed

iPhone 4
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I am still getting the mobile upload error message as well. iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1

event.png
    As am I. 5.1.1

Thanks, everyone. I think they're still trying to sort it out.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • katokailynkatokailyn Posts: 12Registered Users
    I have an Android- HTC Desire to be specific. When I first opened the Curls on the Go app, it told me I had to "restart the app." After entering my username and password numerous times, I received the message "access denied." I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same thing. With the CurlTalk app I was able to make a post and upload an image.
    Still getting the same mobile upload error.

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    'it appears the database server is unavailable. Please try again later'

iPhone 4S
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • bubblemamabubblemama Posts: 58Registered Users
    Honestly, I was going to buy the iphone app. but the reviews on itunes are horrible so I didn't bother.
    CG since 4/15/12
    2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
    20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

LOVES: protein, Shea Moisture condish. & masque, KCCC, Re:Coil (HG), Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt. gel, my own FSG!

does not love: non-cg ingredients, oils, PVA/PVP, synthetic fragrances or poly-quats

Well, it's a free app if that helps.

• bubblemamabubblemama Posts: 58Registered Users
    My bad, I didn't notice it's free.
    CG since 4/15/12
    2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
    20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

LOVES: protein, Shea Moisture condish. & masque, KCCC, Re:Coil (HG), Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt. gel, my own FSG!

does not love: non-cg ingredients, oils, PVA/PVP, synthetic fragrances or poly-quats

And....still no pic uploads. Also, the auto scroll no longer works, so I can't quote reply to long posts.

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled (again!) and it still doesn't work properly.
    I tried that, too, thinking that it would help. Didn't work.

I'll check with dev to see if there's an update.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • forestwillowforestwillow Posts: 68Registered Users
    Nope it wouldn't let me saying that the mobile upload failed :(
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I do not quite get the time it is taking to fix the photo issue when it did work prior. You guys must use the same IT my company does :)
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    Still not working :(
    We're getting closer. I tested a version today in which it was fixed! But I think they have a couple more tweaks and then they'll release it to production. Hopefully in a couple days.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    I can't log in on the Android app anymore, I tried to load it yesterday and it came up to the log in screen like it had kicked me off. Has something changed or a new one come out? It doesn't recognize my password, just says "processing" then "receiving request from server" and then goes back to the log-in prompt. Same PW I use to log in here which worked fine this morning.
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    I can't log in on the Android app anymore, I tried to load it yesterday and it came up to the log in screen like it had kicked me off. Has something changed or a new one come out? It doesn't recognize my password, just says "processing" then "receiving request from server" and then goes back to the log-in prompt. Same PW I use to log in here which worked fine this morning.

Anyone else having this trouble? I'll check with the techs.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment