DevaCurl for no-poo?

If anyone can help me out with this i would really appreciate it...
is the DevaCurl line specifically for the CG no-poo routine? I have started the routine but with using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]mixed chicks leave in[/buylink]... also has anyone tried the Curlisto gel to mousse stuff? how was the outcome?
thanks!!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• izzyvetizzyvet Registered Users Posts: 28
    I am new to this too, but my understanding is yes, that is what it is for. I recently (11 days ago) went CG and bought the whole line of Devacurl products. (One C, No-Poo, Set it Free (OMG this is wonderful stuff!!!), Mister Right and Angell) I use the No-Poo like every other day, and the One-C daily. When I use the No-Poo I use it like a CO wash and make sure it is rinsed out completely. I am very happy with the results so far, but may try the Jessicurl line next. But the SIF you will only pry off my cold dead fingers!!!
    Izzy, started CG in January after being bald for over a year!
    Currently using Devacurl No-Poo, One-C, Angell, Set-it-Free. Weekly Jessicurl WDT. Lemon-aid every other week.
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    The DevaCurl line was developed by the woman that wrote the CG book. So, even though the conditioner has the a-cone, most folks consider this line CG.

However, you don't have to use the Deva line to do the CG method. You just need to find products that don't have cones or other stuff that is not water-soluable, like mineral oil, petroleum, etc. While most curlies do not shampoo at all, they only use conditioner and manual scrubbing to cleanse their scalp, in the book, gentle shampoo is recommended for wavy folks.

There is a sticky note in this forum (look at the first thread) that gives the CG method in a nutshell.

I have no experience with the products you ask about, so I can't help you there.

If you want to post the ingredients, I'm sure someone can help you out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file